Friday, February 26, 2010

Little Betsy Ross

Last night was the 1st grade Patriotic Program. They've actually never done one of these before, at least as far as I know (meaning McKenzie did not do one 2 years ago). All the kids from the 1st grade had a part of some sort, whether it was an individual part, group part or a dance, (which Morgan's friend McKenna had and hated it cuz she had to dance with a boy, how cute). All the girls wore these cute Betsy Ross hats and the boys wore red paper hats. It was fun for them and good practive on public speaking. A few of her friends right before it started.
The kids trying to behave.
This first video is the part that Morgan had. She had it down pat, hard to understand but she knew what she had to say. "Sometimes we fly our flag at half staff but only when something sad has past. For example when the leader of our country dies." Oh and bear with the wobbly-ness, Malia was being a little less than cooperative.

I will see if I can get the other videos to upload, I'm trying blogger for the first time to do my videos, so bear with me.

1 comment:

ellen said...

oh my heck!!! malia looks just like linz when she was that age...do you see it to!!??!! how bout you linz....maybe she is your long lost daughter.