Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rad Kids and New Moon Party

McKenzie just finished her second round of Rad Kids. The last time she did this was in 1st grade and she loved it. (Which means Morgan will be doing it later on this year). I love how it brings awareness to kids about the dangers that are out there and what they can do in scary situations. The cop that was there said that when it comes down to a fight or flight situation, only 3% of people actually do what they've been TOLD to do, the rest kinda freeze or do the wrong things. These kids practice and go through scenarios for about 3 weeks practicing skills and then on the final day, the cop dresses up in protective gear (so he doesn't get hurt) and the kids go at it on him, kicking and hitting and yelling, anything they can do to get away from him. It's pretty amazing what they can actually do. On another note, New Moon came out 2 days ago and my friend Kelly's mom rented out a theater and sold all of the tickets to people that she, or her daughter's knew. Kelly was so excited for this that she and another friend, Beth, put together a pre New Moon celebration dinner and game night. It was a blast. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures cuz apparently I was having too much fun. I brought my heckling sister, Bacon, with me. Apparently she's really not that into Edward and Bella and just likes to make fun of them through the whole movie.
Burger King has Twilight crowns which of course we wore.
And a few of us made T-shirts just to make sure everyone knew we were ready.
Here's Michelle and her sister all stoked for the movie to start.
Miss Vera Jean who was the reason I was able to finish the books so quickly. Thanx girl, you are awesome.
Steph, Bridget and Sarah from my ward.
The Albach sister's. They remind me of me and my sisters when we were younger, only much nicer to each other. I love these girls, they are soo cute. Oh ya, and Buffy in the background trying to get in the fun.
Me, Beth, Buffy and Jess. I love Beth's expression, the guy who took the pic told us to think of Edward, and Beth took it to heart. Too funny.
It was a ton a fun. The best thing was we didn't have to watch the annoying previews at the beginning and we could start whenever we were ready. Kelly's mom had a bunch of stuff to raffle off before we started. It was awesome. Thanx ladies for a great evening. Oh and the boys got together for a New Moon bashing night. It sounds like they had dessert and played games till the kids got tired. Can't wait for Eclipse to come out. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

so fun! I am glad you got pictures. I was too busy running around to get in any.

Thanks for coming!!

Bonnie-Jean said...

Fun times... I'm glad you had a girl's night out. I think that one of those is necessary for our sanity once in a while. :o)

Jess said...

Ha, I look like a crazy twilight mom. That was fun, for rizzle! Look I'm throwin' the "E" Team Edward dawg! Thanks for the good times!