Friday, March 19, 2010

Read-a-Thon 2010

I totally forgot to post about this years Read-a-Thon. I guess with all the craziness of Vegas and just my life, it just got away from me. Anyway, the kids did great, they read their little hearts out and gave it their all. The theme this year was "Go for the Gold. . . Read." We chose that theme because our R.A.T fell during the Olympics, which made for an easy theme. We were able to get great discounts on medals for the top readers for each grade and for the whole school. McKenzie got 3rd place out the the entire 3rd grade. Morgan and Micah did really good, but they had some serious readers in their grade so the didn't win anything, but they still had a great time. We got to go to the Skating rink with the school as an end of the R.A.T celebration. The kids got to eat pizza which was such a treat cuz we never eat out.
Kenz and Morg really love their pizza.
Eah just thought it was great to be out at night playing with the older kids.
The skating rink let us bring our scooters instead of renting skates, which was great for me cuz I had no help since it was on the night Randy was in class.
Micah was a speed demon, it was hard to get a pic of him. What a cute boy.
Here's Kenz and her medal. She was very proud of earning it. Great Job sweetie.

I am soo glad it's all over, not sure if I'm gonna help out on it again next year or if I'll try something new, maybe something that doesn't last an entire month. We'll see. Congrats kids.

No comments: