Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A few of my Favorite Christmas Things

My kids have been a little crazy this Christmas season and have made me laugh, cry, scream, smile and just all around be grateful that I have them.  Malia loves to sing, never the right words mind you, Christmas songs, let's be realistic, any songs for that matter.  Recently, the song of choice has been "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."  Here is her version of it.
The words are not always right, but man she is sure of herself.

Micah has written many letters to Santa this year and apparently just making sure Santa knows he's here.
It says:
"It's me again, reminding you I'm here.  I'd like a robot that does homework and can also use a broom and a globe of the North Pole.  And can one Elf come to my home?  And can I keep him here?  Are your Elves okay?  When you come to my home there's cookies for all of your Elves." 

The corrections are from his teacher, he must have done this for a school assignment.  This kid never ceases to amaze me with the things that come out of his head.  Who even thinks up these things.  What a thoughtful kid though to ask about the Elves.  He probably just wants to make sure they're OK enough to stay with him forever so they can make him as many toys as he wants.    That's thinking outside the box, eh.

This isn't very Christmassy, but I want to make sure I got it on here.  Morgan got glasses last week.  She was very excited to finally be like her bigger sister.  We'll see how long it lasts before she starts begging me for contacts.  I know McKenzie has been for a few years now.  But for now, she loves them and I think they're pretty stylish.

No comments: