Sunday, June 1, 2008

I can't handle it anymore!!!!! (& cute hair)

I'm finished with sick kids. I thought that with this last ear infection that Malia had and Morgan now has we would have a break from illnesses. So much for that. So Malia had her 9 month check a couple days after she turned 9 mo, she had 4 immunization shots and right after that she started to get a new cold. She had this for about a week (just a dripping nose) and then Thursday night she vomitted in her bed (Poor Kristi was sleeping in her room and heard it all and came to get me up). She barffed her the contents of her stomach up and then dry-heaved for the next 8 or so hours. In between puking though she was happy and playing and having fun still. We fed her a little that evening cuz she went for a few hours without a hitch but then she upchucked in her bed again that night. Saturday she was miserable, lethargic and a had fever. So I took her in to the doctor and they ruled out and ear infeciton and thought that it could be a UTI because at the time she didn't have diahrea. So she had to get a cathedar to get some urine out (not a pleasant experience for anyone). That was ruled out and and so the doctor just said she had a gastro bug and we had to get her hydrated. (she wasn't dehydrated yet but she was heading that way with some of her symptoms). So we had to seriously syringe feed her pedialyte all day to trick her stomach into thinking there was nothing there. She was soo hungry at this point though and I felt so bad not giving her anything, but she would just throw-up everyhthing else. This morning she was still acting the same, I had a meeting to attend this morning and when I got back she was crawling and drank part of a pedilyte bottle. She was even doing well enough to try some saltines. It stinks seeing her like this. All she wants to do is be held when she is awake, she had been sleeping a lot though which is nice. So I am home from church, blogging instead, ya gotta love it.

This is my cute sister-in-law, Kristi. The pink shirt is her before picture with long hair, I helped convince her while she was here to chop it off and try something new. Don'tcha love it? I think it is sooo cute on her. Buffy, the girl who did my, and my girls' hair did Kristi's to. She was having fun with it right before they headed out to drive home to Oregon. She kept flipping it back and forth, not being use to the fact that it moves so easily, it was cute. My kids sure miss having her around.

6 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

Your girls look so cute! Sorry about all the sickness! We have had it off and on all winter too it seems! I didn't have one week of no sick kids all month! Including myself! So I know how you are feeling. It just seems like you can't get all the laundry done before another one comes down with it! Good luck!

deveney said...

wow, i think Kristi''s hair looks great short, love it! She looks older-in a good way, and way stylish-super cute!

Rachel Berry said...

Oh man she had it bad! Poor thing. Glad things are looking up.
We have had the barfing around here for the last week now I HATE BARF!

Cute hair for you SIL..

:)

Buffy Dayton said...

Katie, I think I should start paying you for these awesome things you say! Thanks! I hate when my kids are sick, that is no fun! I hope it is all over now!!! Cute blog page, I like it!!

Diane Jaggi said...

Kristi's hair does look so cute. I grew up helping my sisters and bros with their kids - loved it. Family is the best!

Kendra said...

I'm so glad you got Kristi to cut her hair!! Go you, for helping her get excited and brave enough to really step out of her comfort zone and try a look that's fun and new. Thanks so much Katie, we couldn't have done it without you!!