Monday, June 30, 2008

Here's # 3 more family coming in

Friday my sister Laurie and her family drove into town, crashed on my floor (they were staying at another neighbor of mine but came a day earlier than anticipated so we blew up air mattresses). It was fun having 2 of my sisters here, not much sleep happened, on any one's part, but it was still fun. Oh and then I get a phone call like 10 pm that night from my parents who were suppose to be here on Saturday coming from Michigan, but had driven all night the night before and made it a day earlier, also. So they stayed at a hotel since our friends hosting them weren't expecting them till the next day. We were all very excited they came in early since none of us kids really get to see them a whole lot since they are on the wrong side of the US. Anyway, at this point of the craziness that was coming my way, pictures began to get few and far between, don't worry I got some of the wedding and reunion. -UPDATE- my awesome sister Lindsay took way more pictures than I did and is letting me use some of them, what a gem. Here is Kyra (Shauna's oldest) and Grace (Laurie's oldest). Gotta love being cousins.



Anyway, Saturday my little bro Jon woke up with chest pain and my parents were worried and took him in to urgent care did some tests and then sent him to the ER for more tests and observation. It took them a while to figure out what it was but he had viral bronchitis (which doesn't get antibiotics) along with an air pocket around his heart (I can't remember the technical term for it) that really can't be fixed with drugs or anything. Just rest and no strenuous activity for a long time (like months) Randy and Billy took him over to the Smith Field House to play basketball with a few guys, which is probably when things started going south for him. He's doing better now, but he was pretty miserable for a few days here.
Oh I wish I had a before wedding picture of him, he looked Amish. His hair was really shaggy and he had some weird facial hair that just lined his jaw, almost like Mose off of the Office, (for those of you office fans out there) Glad Billy made him get his hair cut (thanks yet again to Buffy, gotta love her). -UPDATE-Thanx to Lindsay for being on top of things, here are my Amish brothers, aren't they cute.


That evening our soon-to-be sis-in-law had a bridal shower which was great for my family since no one has met her or her family except me. It was a lot of fun, we got to know her a little more through some games and we got to talk to her mom and aunts and get to know them. Alina (my new SIL) is awesome, she fits soo well in the family. We are excited Billy found her.



Right after the shower we had to hurry home a). cuz one the baby's had a stinky diaper and the dad's were not willing to change him, (lame I know) and b). there were fireworks being set off that night for the closing of our family fest. They were fun fireworks, short and sweet. My next door neighbor told us of a secret spot with a great view and no crowds, so we hurried over there and got there just in time for the first firework to go off.

This is Tate (Laurie's baby) at the bridal shower. He couldn't leave the tissue paper, or the bows for that matter alone, what a cutie.

1 comment:

Amanda Davis said...

Your brothers amaze me!!! I wouldn't have picked them out of a crowd if I knew they were there!!! Crazy how much they have grown up!