Saturday, December 6, 2008

10 years and counting

Ya I know I am late posting this but I need to get it down before it really gets nuts around here. 10 years ago on November 27th (Thanksgiving this year) Randy and I were sealed in the Portland Temple for time and all eternity. I cannot believe it has been 10 years, so much has happened yet, it feels like it was yesterday that I met him. So in efforts to pass memories onto our posterity I've decided to do a tag, I know I already did one not too long ago, but that was a wedding tag. This is a little different. This tag is called "How I met___."
1. Where did you meet? In my living room. His friends brought him over to play Frisbee with me and my roommates at the quad at OSU. He just got home from his mission the day before.
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? What a goober, (in my defense, he was a fresh RM and was very awkward).
3. Do you remember what he was wearing? Probably jeans, t-shirt and a baseball hat
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? Apparently on my couch, I don't remember but he does very vividly. I had fallen asleep on my couch and he asked if he could kiss me and I said yes (mind you I am not very coherent when I crash on the couch).
5. Where did you go for your first date? To Newport Beach in Oregon. His best friend and his fiance took us with them, it was very weird date because we had only known each other a week and I had been gone for Spring Break that week before.
6. How long did you know this person before you were a couple? Probably 2 weeks, from when we met till he kissed me.
7. How did he ask you out? He never officially asked me out, it was just assumed. After that first date of awkward silence, he took me home and we ended up talking in my living room till 5 AM. After that we were inseparable.
8. Has this person ever purposed to you? Ummmmm . . . ya, once just once.
9. Do you and this person have kids together? 4 rambunctious bundles of joy.
10. Have you ever broken the law with this person? No, never, I am an angel, he on the other hand has gotten a few speeding tickets with me in the car.
11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person? After the first date and we ended up talking till morning. But it wasn't till he gave me the ultimatum of him or this other guy I thought was fun to be with (I was very young and still having fun) that I realized I could lose him if I didn't make up my mind quick.
12. Do you get along with his family? Yes, they are great.
13. Do you trust this person? Yes
14. Do you see him as your partner in the future? Ya, for eternity even.
15. What is the best gift he gave you? Recently my piano, but it was a mutual effort, he did surprise me with a Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas one year, I was soo excited for that.
16. What is one thing he does that gets on your nerves? Leaves his clothes all over, yet his shoes have to be right next to each other.
17. Where do you see each other 15 years from now? Let's see, McKenzie will be 23, Morgan will be 20, Micah 19 and Malia will be 16, I think I will be going nuts, maybe a grandma even, who knows.
18. What causes the most arguments? My quirkiness for needing things done right now, and his lack thereof.
19. How long have you been together? 10 years 8 months
20. Are you married? Yes
21. Who do you tag? Anyone who needs to get these memories down.

2 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

Wow that was a lot of new stuff! Great updates!!! I love the picutre of Daniell! I haven't seen her in years!!! Looks like you all had fun and I hope you have a great Christams and no more yucky!

ellen said...

dude, your picture is so small i can't even admire myself when i was thin (and thought i was fat?) i'd link this post to my blog but noooooo...the picture is not good enough. look at me commenting, maybe now i should finish up my post that i started a month ago!