Friday, December 5, 2008

A mess of posts put into 1.

November felt like it would never end for me. It was one thing after another and it didn't really stop till umm . . .yesterday. So my next few posts may seem random but bear with me, I will try and get through it all, in no particular order.

While Laurie and her fam were here, we had to take them to BYU and let them experience the gymnastics room, cuz it's the best place on earth (according to my kids) besides Disneyland of course. Here's Billy (my lil bro.) acting like a whale trying to do a vault. We all had a good laugh.
And of course the girls enjoying the huge trampoline as they bounced into the foam pit.
Also while they were here, we found Malia in the laundry room (hence the sheets she is sitting on) chowing down on vanilla wafers, not sure how many she ate before we found her. I wish I could hear what was going on in her head when this happened, maybe "Oh crap they found me" or "Man, why'd ya have to go and look in this room" or maybe even, "Well it was fun while it lasted."
After Laurie left, Randy's parents stayed with us for a night and the next day we went to Sandy to visit his grandparents who live in Corvallis and had been in town for the baptism and had been staying with an aunt and uncle. It was great to see them again, as you may be able to tell by Malia's expression.
Right after Randy's parents left I had to finish getting ready for my ward's Super Saturday (thank heavens it is over). It was a great turn out, we did four cute (at least I thought they were cute) crafts. Some glass etching, wooden blocks with vinyl lettering, beaded bookmarks and memory boards. It was fun being able to hang with the ladies in my ward on a friend level. I was amazed with myself, me, who hates to crotchet, knit, cross-stitching, sew (pretty much anything with fabric unless I can glue it) learned how to make a hat on one of those looms. I got soo into it that I finished 2 in one weekend and 2 more in the next 2 days (these were for a humanitarian project). Then the girls got into them, McKenzie loves doing it and I helped her finish a really cute off-white one that she will not take off (pictured below). Morgan got a black one with a pom on the top. I'll probably make more in the near future, they go fast and when you need to take a break it won't get messed up and you can find your spot really easily. Hence why I like it, my ADD brain can handle a project like this.
Here's Micah just being a stud one day before church. What a cute boy.
Morgie and Malia goofing around the same day. Malia was spinning around in a hat a lot the morning of this shot, I will try and post the video.
I'll stop here for this post, cuz the next stuff will take a lot of room as well, and you probably need a break from all of this.

No comments: