Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving `08

Since we aren't moving this year, we decided that we would have some fun and go to my sister, Shauna's (who lives in Spokane) for Turkey day. We packed up the van and left at the crack of dawn to make the 11 hour trek with the 4 kiddos. We actually made good time, no major stopping except for gas and to relieve ourselves, that really helped. We got there in time for dinner and let the kids play for a while before bed. These pics aren't in order but I'll give ya the play by play.

Here's Uncle Scooby MAKING his 18 month give him an airplane ride. This was really funny to watch, little Ella was just cracking up every time he would "fly."
Right after we got there, the kids went crazy cuz their Aunt Bacon was there. They haven't seen her since May of 2007 (she was on a mission in Taiwan) and just got home and was able to come out for this. So she had the Taiwanian (that's a word right?) souvenirs to give the us and the kids. They had a blast.One of the gifts the kids got was chocolate in a tube, and those of you who know Shauna, know how much of a chocoholic (I mean even more than me, and that's saying a lot). Well she got caught red handed stealing her kids' tube-o-chocolate, niiiice Shaun.
Yah, can you tell we're sisters.
Turkey day means a Turkey bowl of some sort. Randy asked Jason to put together a group that could play that morning. This year I actually wanted to play. They last time I played was probably in Corvallis in the U-wards with the girls who showed up to the game. This year there wasn't a ton of guys so I figured it would be safe for me know to completely get hurt/tackled so I played. It was a lot of fun, I even caught the ball and ran a few times. (except when Randy was running up to me screaming trying to get me to drop the ball, can ya tell he loves me). So this is us minus Jason (he was the photographer) and another guy who had to leave early. It was fun even if there was frozen dog doodie all over the field.
We also decided to have a white elephant exchange, there were some great gifts, like this one Megan found at my parents house. It was a book that Shauna wrote when she was in 4th grade called "Megan" about a girl who's mom kept having babies and she was sooo embarrassed (hmmm sounds familiar, like it actually happened, Shauna). It was awesome. We all laughed till we cried. We made sure Shauna got this gift by discreetly writing all over the package best gift and Shauna wants this, etc. Amazingly enough she actually opened it.
These two were inseparable. McKenzie slept at Kyra's all weekend, and they played all day/night. I'm glad we get together often enough that they want to play together. See there is the hat again. We wanted to make sure and get a baby pic again since we all have babies the same age. We did this last year, there's a pic of it on one of my slide shows, they have grown soo much. (left to right Lauries, Cole; Lindsay's, Bradley; Mine, Malia; Shauna's, Ella).
Aunt Bacon doing what she does best, loving her nieces and nephews.
Uncle Jason #2 doing what he does best, holding babies while making goofy faces.
Three of the girls (Grace, Kyra and Mac) put on a puppet show, well Mac put it on while Kyra and Grace were the background noises, not quite sure why that happened, but funny nonetheless. It was great.
Oh and the best thing about my oldest sister marrying one of my awesome High School friends brother's, I get to see my friend at family functions. This is Danielle and her boyfriend Nishant (he's from India), he's a great guy and they are really cute together.
We did hit the store sand went shopping on Black Friday (cuz we are Schmidt's and crazy like that). This year however there wasn't really anything I was dying to get except the 1/2 price sock sale at Fred Meyer's (especially since we do not have one in Utah and we desperately need socks). So I only went to that one store oh and Walgreen's cuz they had a pancake griddle for $10-awesome price. So me and Meg hit those while my other 3 sisters went the crazy route and did the rest of the madness. Ya know standing in lines, getting mad at idiots for cutting in lines and acting like they didn't "realize" that was NOT the end of the line. . . moron. Anyway, glad I didn't have to deal with that. They survived and got everything they set out to get. Good job girls.

I however returned to Morgan sitting on the toilet with a bucket on her lap cuz it was coming out both ends. ( I know TMI). We were trying to avoid the bug that had accidentally been brought to the family gathering but we didn't get spared. It started with Morgan on Friday, (she felt better that evening) and the Malia got it on Saturday. We made it home on Sunday without any major catastrophes and then Randy and Micah got the bug but not all of it. It only came out one end. Then I got some form of it on Wednesday (but mine was weird cuz only my stomach hurt really bad, but nothing ever came out). All I know is, this had better been it for the season. I think we've had our turn, we shouldn't have to get it again . . . . right? Here's poor Morgie while we were watching the puppet show, how sad does she look?

2 comments:

ellen said...

what did you say my baby's name was again?
love
me

Ali said...

That looks like so much fun Schmidts!!! When will we ever see you guys again?