Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baseball Begins

We've never really pushed our kids to do sports, we've kinda just sat around waiting for them to ask us, not that we are lazy, we just don't push. Well it happened, McKenzie brought home a flier from school talking about the upcoming baseball registration and pretty much begged us to join. I was a little reluctant cuz of the fact that there probably wouldn't be many girls in the league, she didn't care and so we signed up. The coaches reassured me that there were a number of girls who do sign up and they love it every year. McKenzie was picked to be on the Ranger's, and is the only girl on her team. I think they had enough to put one girl on each team or something. We had our first 2 games on Friday and Saturday (which were the coldest days of the week of course). Randy was even able to help out on Saturday. We tried to bundle up as much as possible, but it was useless, we still froze. I know, I nice shot of Randy from the rear, but it really was right after Kenz hit the ball and was running to 1st.She did so good on the Saturday game. She hit both times she was up to bat and helped the team get 2 of the points. Oh and it's machine pitch baseball which is awesome, it really helps to kids to get a grasp of someone pitching to them without the inconsistencies.
Another cute pic of her trying to stay warm. we got smarter on the second day and just let her wear the coat.
She is really having a lot of fun with it. I was never a baseball person, so this is a new experience for me. I'm glad she wants to try new things. Maybe by high school she'll know which sports she really loves and stick with them, but for now, let her try them all, is what I say.
On another note, my lil bro Billy, and his wife Alina graduated from BYU last weekend. My lil sis, Meg, and I went to Billy's convocation and cheered him on. It was a very looooooooong ceremony.
Next up, Randy's graduation tomorrow, bright and early at 8 AM, wish me luck. I hope I make it, I got sick last night and am still recovering today. It will be an interesting one, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Amanda Davis said...

Sounds like fun! We are enjoying the baseball thing too, even though I wasn't a huge baseball person either. But I am of the same idea. Let them try them all out and they will figure out which ones they like.