Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break Snow!!!!

So, I drove home from Randy's parents yesterday, and I'm glad I left when I did, because It was snowing (but not quite sticking yet) by the time I got home. Within about 4 hours we had about 3 inches of very wet snow. No biggie, I thank Heavenly Father for prompting me to leave when I did. But this isn't the end of the story, we had this wrap around storm, ya know the kind that hits ya once and then comes back and smacks ya again, and we woke up with 6 more inches. Randy said he had a hard time getting into our parking spot, his wheels kept spinning out. Me, being the dummy that I am, spaced grabbing the camera to make a quick memory of this amazing site. It was really amazingly gorgeous, not that I like snow in April, but it was breathtaking. So I am stealing some pics from my neighbors Kelly and Michelle (hope ya don't mind ladies, tell me if you do and I will take them off), who are much smarter than me and grabbed this wondrous moment.
My kids and I spent a little bit of time watching the backyard neighbors tree "snow" all over their yard. They have a ginormous tree that has tons of little branches that kept dropping snow all over the place. It was like a second snow storm with how constant it was coming down.
We warmed up throughout the day, so all of the snow on the streets and trees have melted away, but our lawns still have enough to enjoy for one more night.We are suppose to get in the 60' this weekend and the mid 70's by mid next week, I think that is why I am not too freaked out about it snowing right now (although it is Spring Break for my kids still). It would be much worse if there was no end in site, ya know like the middle of winter. Here's to hoping your April is much calmer than ours.

2 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

holy crap!!! If we get that much snow in December or Jan it is a miricle!

I'm the Mommy, That's Why! said...

Is this crazy or what?!!! Sounds like you've had a fun spring break so far. And it's almost over!!