Friday, December 11, 2009

End of Thanksgiving goodness and friends

I know we are only 2 weeks away from Christmas, but I really wanted to post a little about our Thanksgiving weekend. The last day of school before the holiday, Morgan's class put together a couple of Pilgrim and Thanksgiving skits. All the kids got to participate and have their own lines. Morgan was a pilgrim girl and talked about what it was like on the Mayflower and after arriving in the New World. Isn't she so cute? Here she is saying her lines.
I was in charge of making/bringing rolls for our Thanksgiving dinner at Randy's parent's. Since I'm in pain, I begged Bacon to come over and help me make the rolls (meaning doing all of the muscle work). Isnt' she awesome, please don't leave me Bacon . . .
The yummy product. My mom has been making these rolls ever since I was little. We love them and look forward to the holidays just so we can have them. Not that we can't have them other times of the year, we just don't, weird I know.
We went to the Tucker's for an awesome meal with about 25 people. It was a blast. That night we left the kids with grandma and grandpa and Randy and I went home. Our 11th Anniversary was on Black Friday, and we really wanted to for once go shopping together, (something we haven't done since we were first married with no kids). We got about 4 hours of sleep and got up like the rest of the crazy black friday shoppers and got some great deals. We came home and slept for the rest of the morning and headed back up to kids to make sure they weren't killing grandma and grandpa.
Saturday on our way back home we all decided to make a quick trip to temple square and look at the lights (since Randy's bro and sis in law had never seen them). It was really cold so we only stayed for about half hour - forty-five minutes, but it was long enough to see all of the really cool lights. This tree is just covered in red lights, it is soo beautiful.
The Salt Lake temple, beautiful as always.
Last weekend was Randy's faculty party. It was a pretty crazy weekend. We had the party, a good friend's baptism, Randy's family pictures (which BTW the photo shoot can be seen here they turned out really cute). The last time we had a Tucker family picture was when we were first married with no kids. These are the crafts the kids made this year at the party.
After that fun-filled day we also were invited by some friends to an ugly sweater Christmas party. I'll try and post pics on that later. There were some doozies. I won itchiest sweater and Randy won saggiest arms sweater. It was great.
Now to today. My old high school friend, Sarah, came and visited me. She needed to get away and so she just bought a plane ticket and came down. She had a few other friends to visit, but I got to see her first. She stayed the night and we just talked and talked and played games just like the good ol days. We had a lot of catching up to do. The last time I was able to see her was when McKenzie was about a year or so. Can I just tell you how grateful I am for Facebook. I have been able to reconnect with so many of my old friends that way. Thanx Sarah for a great time. My kids miss you already.

Now onto really trying to focus on Chrismas, good luck right. I have a doctors appt. next week to go over results of some tests I've had, hopefully some news soon. I'll try and post when we figure something out.

1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

Morgan looks really cute. The rolls look yummy and you look truly happy to have seen your friend. I'm glad you were able to have some fun! Can't wait to hear any news!
love,
Bonnie-Jean