Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Camping for my birthday

I was kinda anti birthday this year, so when my friend Matney suggested camping over labor day, I was all for it.  We went camping with them earlier this summer in the back woods, up and down crazy roads and so we decided to ask Randy's parents to borrow their truck, since our van almost didn't make it back last time.  We found this awesome spot near where we were last time with an amazing view.

Unfortunately for me, I still didn't rid myself of my birthday.  Brookie put together a cute surprise for me, with balloons in my tent, a yummy cupcake and singing.  Thanx Brookie.
Micah and Taylor enjoying the campfire and sugar.  Tay is my suto-child.  My kids love her, it's like having a 5th kid without all the work.
Matney's Taylor's mom and she's kind become my kids other mom.  They love her.
Malia loves Brookie as well, cuz Brookie will do anything Malia asks.  She's the swing pusher at playgroup.
These 3 were inseparable, Taylor, Addison (Brookie's little girl) and Malia.  They loved Brookies tent the most.
The guys hanging out amidst the smoke.
Micah and Addison.
McKenzie and her friend Bethany.  Bethany wanted Mac to have a camp out in their backyard the same night and so we invited them along.
We went hiking around Big Springs in the morning.  It was beautiful.
Brookie and her fam.
The affects of camping have set in, can you tell?  Eah is filthy.
Mac, Bethany and her dad, Don, and twin bro with his friend
Coming down the stair. around the Springs.
It was a fun trip, the kids actually slept (even me), we had great company and later on Saturday, Rob borrowed his parents boat and went out on Utah Lake and enjoyed the huge waves, well all of us but Brookie.  I had a lot of fun, Thanx everyone for helping me have a fun birthday.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wish I was there. Boo hoo.
Glad you were able to have fun without me. Tehe

Bonnie-Jean said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday! :)