Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Soccer 2010

Tell me it's not already the middle of October and I still haven't posted this.  I have blogging spurts and get a lot of posts done at once, and then I poop out for a while. I was trying to be on top of things, but apparently I'm not.  Well soccer is now over, hallelujah.  I love soccer don't get me wrong, but 2 kids in soccer on different days and times is a little overwhelming.  My only saving grace was this year, I was able to convince Micah's team to practice at the same time as Morgan's at the same place, so that coordinated well.  We had soccer every day except Tuesday's, Friday's and Sunday's all of September.  It's nice that it was crammed into only one month (cuz there is no way I would've done 2 months of this) so there was only 4+ weeks of chaos instead of 2 or more.  The kids really liked their uniforms this year, because they weren't the bright things they had last year. 
Morgan's team are the Purple Unicorn's (she wasn't really keen on the name, but she got used to it).  She was moved up a division, so she was playing with 6, 7&8 year old's instead of 4, 5&6.  She struggled a lot more this year, since she wasn't the biggest on the team anymore, but she still had fun.  She made a couple of goals this season, not that I got any on film cuz I'm like that and forget my camera sometimes (ok most of the time).
 But she still had fun, look at that smile, can't ya tell?
 Micah's team are the Black Panther's and Randy was able to coach again (only because their games and practices were not on Wednesday's which is school night for him).  He loves soccer, struggles with the attention span of 4, 5&6 year olds, but loves it the same.
 Micah loved having his buds on the team, here are 2 of them, Jack and Warner.  Micah and Jack were on fire the whole season.  They really learned to pass to each other and get the ball up the field to score, which they usually did.  I did have my camera ready and going for 2 of the goals, amazing I know.
This one was from about half field to score.
This one had a cross shot in it and I'm sorry that I missed the actual entrance of the goal, but he got it in there just the same.
So, we had a good season, made lots of goals, had fun with our friends and it is over till the spring, and we will start it all over again, yeah for us.

No comments: