Friday, October 15, 2010

Mac is 10!!!

I can't believe that I am a mother of a 10 year old.  That means I'm getting. . . OLD!  What has happened to that last ten years, I do not know, but I do know that we love having McKenzie apart of our family.  She is so helpful and happy.  If you need something done, she is the one you want, cuz she will do it.  We were able to have more of a birthweek than a birthday.  Grandma came down Monday night so she could go to the "Grand lunch" at school the next day.  Then Granpa came back down that night to go to dinner with us to celebrate Mac's bday, since they wouldn't be there the next day.  McKenzie picked Applebee's, like last year, because the manager is a big, loud black man who really know how to draw attention to your table if it's your bday.  It's hysterical, I should have taped it, but I was too busy enjoying his sing, yelling.
 We let her open a couple of presents since her bday was on a Wed (and we all know what that means for Randy).  G&G got her (well all of us) Lagoon passes again this year, and a really cute necklace/jewlery holder that I forgot to get a pic of.  Mac has been asking for an MP3 player for a while now and I decided since I really wasn't using my IPod anymore, I could hand it down to her.  Her reaction was awesome.

A very happy Mac with her "new" IPod.
 Since this was an even birthday, I let her have a bday party again.  At first she thought she wanted a one-on-one bday with one close friend, but decided on Tuesday (the day before her bday) she wanted a real party.  So she invited 6 friends and they had a blast together.    We made pizza's, played pictureka, played Band Hero (which was very loud with 6 girls), opened presents and ate cake.  I had a hard time deciding what to do with a bunch of 9 & 10 years olds.  I figured they were probably too old to do traditional party games but still really young for other things.  I think this was a hit.  I didn't have any complaing of being bored.  They just want to play together.
 Savana and Rachel playing it up.
 Mac and Emme (her bestest friend) singing proabably a Taylor Swift song.
 And Lauren, our in house Ham, she made me laugh so hard.
 I didn't do a shape or theme cake like I usually do, which I kinda felt bad for, but what do you make for a 10 year old?  I resorted to what my mom used to do for us as kids, chocolate cake with whipped cream filing, yum.
 The girls were fun to have for a few hours. 
Thanx Mac for being such a important part of our family.  We love you.
It's only taken me a week+ to post this one, I'm on a roll.

No comments: