Wednesday, February 23, 2011

John H. Glenn

The 2nd grader's do biographies on a famous people and since Morgan is now a 2nd grader, it was her turn.  She chose the astronaut, John Glenn.  I remember doing this with McKenzie 2 years ago when she had Amelia Earhart.  I've noticed I have a hard time letting them do it completely on their own, (which is funny because that's all I remember doing as a kid when I had projects.  I hated doing them because my mom never really helped me, which I'm sure she did a little) Anyway, her presentation was on Valentine's day and she decided to make a poster.  The kids were told they could dress up like their famous person but I really just could not come up with a astronaut outfit that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg that didn't look like it came out of a dumpster, oh and one that Morgan approved of (which was nothing).  So we opted for just the poster and reading her paper.
  She had fun coloring in the letters and helping me glue things on.
She did a really good job, however I can't get the video to upload, so you'll just have to take my word for it, lol.  Two more years till I have to do it again, phew!

No comments: