Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Camera, another Happy Day!

I've been waiting for this for a very looooong time.  My old camera was just not cutting it anymore and I hated using it because of how washed out everything looked inside, which is where I take a majority of my pictures.  I told Randy I didn't want birthday or Christmas presents last year, all I wanted was a new camera.  So we waited until our tax return came and purchased a new Nikon D3100.  It's a bigger camera and I'm not a photographer, so I have a few (hundred) things to learn, but am excited to see what this baby can do.  But wow, what a difference it makes, even if I have no idea what half of the buttons do yet.  The first pics I took was with the flash and then figured out to turn it off and holy cow, you could see everything. . still.
 Even bathtub shots come out.
 Mac was sick the day I got it, and so she was camped out on my bed while Morgie was doing post bath routines.
 I just remember taking pics of the kids at the table before and how awful they would always turn out.  I love this camera.
 Malia just had to show off her pillow pet.
 I've been dying to get a good shot of  the view from my window of Mt. Timp.  I have the best view in the world and have never really gotten a good shot of this.  Not that this one is the best but I wanted to give ya what the mountain looks like because this next shot there is one cloud hiding the face of Timp.
Stunning isn't it?  I get to look at this every day and now that I have a camera that takes awesome pics, I might be putting more of the mountain on my blog.

No comments: