Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh Happy Day!!!

I have lots of family in the Midwest and when I had the opportunity of living in Wisconsin, I was introduced to a wonderful, magical place called Culver's.  It has the yummiest custard on earth (other than Kopp's but that's another story).  It is soo smooth and creamy and delicious.  Well I go through withdrawls quite often (especially since while living in WI I literally lived right down the street from a Culver's and I could see what the flavor of the day was on a daily basis), and I only get to have Culver's when we go back east to vacation at the cabin.  We mark all of the Culver destinations on our trip so we can hit as many as we can and get our fill to sustain us another 2 years.  This summer, we are heading back and of course we will make our usual stops there.  However, my sis in law Kristi heard a rumor that one was being built in the Salt Lake area.  I couldn't believe my ears and had to research it myself, and guess what IT'S TRUE!!!!  One is being built in Midvale, which is of course not that close to my house but a whole heck of lot closer than Cheyenne.  Now I will only have to drive less than an hour to get my fix opposed to 5-6.  I don't know when it will be done, but it's coming.  And I'll tell you what, I will be there with bells on.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!! (is that pathetic? I guess it can't be any worse than the nutty things that went on when we got an In and Out)  On the flip side however, this weight that I'm losing may be coming back because of this news.  I guess it's a good thing it's not going to be that close to our home.  Hurry Culver's, I've missed you!!!

2 comments:

Kelly Nordfelt said...

This is on the way to my mom's house! I'll have to try it!

Bonnie-Jean said...

You crack me up! Culver's is definitely special stuff....mmmmm.... They don't have any over here in Hawaii, but they do have Menci's, a frozen yogurt build your own creation bar, and that's bad enough. :)
-You'll have to let me know when you're planning on heading out to the Midwest, Andy's been trying to figure out what he wants to do once he's back.