Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ode to Mother's day

We had a fun Mother's Day weekend.  Saturday morning we woke up bright early to go to two of Morgie's BFF's baptism.  It's going to be such a fun year for these girls.  Morgan is the last one of the bunch for her turn.  It's going to be a long summer. 

Later on Grandma, Grandpa, and Kristi came down for the last soccer games of the season.  After that we went to the Creamery for dinner and ice cream.  Then we got the kids ready for bed and let Gma and Gpa babysit while Randy went out on a "date."  Actually we went Mother's Day shopping. 

The next morning we got up bright and early to get ready for 9 AM church, ya gotta love not sleeping in on Mother's day.  The guys made us breakfast, which was nice, and then it was off to sacrament meeting where Mak, Morg, myself and Morg's friend and her mom sang a song with the Primary kids for a Mother's Day tribute.  The girls were so cute.  The mom's all got little packages of chocolate and then we all went home for a yummy steak dinner prepared by our men.  I begged Randy to not have to be in the kitchen.  For the most part it worked.  I had to go in every once in a while to help find things and remind them to start the next food.  Gma, Kristi and I got to watch "Emma," I love Jane Austen movies.

After dinner we went to feed the baby ducklings on campus.  We made it there in time to feed and get a few shots before it started raining.  They are redoing the pond area on campus so there was tape everywhere and it was kind of messy, but still fun.

 Still so cute.
 There were even a few turtles there.
We amazingly enough got a family shot (which doesn't happen sporadically ever).  I love Morg's choice of outfit.  Very colorful.  She loves that hoodie and it doesn't matter to her if it matches anything or not.
I got flowers from Morgan, Micah and Gma. (in that order on the pic). Micah painted the pot for me and Gma's is a Spring Cactus. 
Isn't it beautiful.  I hope I don't kill it like I do with everything else. 
It was a nice day!!  Thanks everyone for letting me kind of rest.

No comments: