Thursday, June 16, 2011

School's Out For Summer

I'm almost 2 weeks late on this and there has been so much, but I am really going to try and not go overboard with this.  The kids' last day was the 3rd (which is weird for us since we are always out the last week of May) and for them it couldn't have come soon enough, but for me I was crying.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and it's great to have them home, but I miss my schedule.  Anyway in no particular order, here are the end of the year happenings.
Morgan's grade had a talent show, my camera ran out of memory and so I missed her actual presentation, but here are her pieces of art she shared with the class.
 The annual dance festival was a hit again, and lucky for us, it didn't snow the day before.  The weather was gorgeous and the kids had a lot of fun.
 The 4th grade program was about Utah's history so the kids were suppose to dress up like Native Americans or pioneers.
 The Kindergarten did a little program with songs and jokes, it was mostly for Mother's Day since it was right around that time, but they combined it with their annual program.  Micah's waving at me with his little finger.
 The traditional last day of school shot of the girls.  Man they are getting big, well all but Morgan, lol.  She will never catch up to these girls, sorry Morg about your genes.
 These girls are such goofs.
 Micah and Kace, great buds.
 Micah's going to miss Mrs. Headman.  I hope we are here long enough for Malia to have her.  She's amazing.
 Morg with Miss Edwards and her aide (who also happens to me my neighbor and friend) Mrs. Youell.  Another amazing teacher.  Maybe I should just make these ladies move with us where ever we go.
 Mak and Miss. Cluff.  This was her 1st year teaching and she really grown this last year.  This was a hard grade to start teaching on, but she held her own. 
 Mak and her girls and Malia sneaking in for the shot.  One of these girls is moving this summer, what a sad day for these guys.
 Morg and her friend Paris.  She's also moving this summer and couldn't hold back the tears on the way out the door.  It was so cute and touching.  I know Morg and he posse will miss her too.
 We missed Kylie at the beginning of school so we had to get just one more shot of these crazy things.
 Mak was allowed to ride the bus home with her friend Emme.  She was really excited since she either walks or gets driven to school.  On the way out, the bus drivers honk all of the way out of the bus lane and down the street while the kids wave at the teachers.  The kids love it.  Mak was really excited to finally be apart of it.
Here's one of Micah's song from his program.
.
Micah kicked some tail during the field day races.  He got 2nd in the finals for his grade, but with a bunch of crazy 6-year-olds the judges gave him 3rd in the chaos.  That's ok, we know he got 2nd.  BTW Micah's the one in the Lime green jersey.
There's a few other video's I wanted to upload but for whatever reason, they aren't.  So I will leave it at that for now.  With almost 2 weeks of summer break under our belt, I think I just might make it this summer.

No comments: