Thursday, June 28, 2012

Swimming Lessons 2012

We made it through another session of swim lessons (with minimal complaining even).  Mak passed level 6 and is officially ready for swim team.  I was going to put her in this year but with the unknown if we were going to be here all summer and having to shuttle her back and forth after the baby comes I decided to hold off another year.  At the beginning she didn't want to do swim team, but now she does, of course. 
 Morg passed level 4 (which shocked me a little)  She did really good and I see a lot of improvement from last year. 
 I put Micah in a level 4 as well because. . . well I'm a bad mom.  I was having a hard time scheduling all of them at the same time and he was so far ahead of everyone last year I fiugred he could skip a level.  In the past (at least for us) they've held level 4 in the shallower part of the pool and I thought he'd be fine.  Well, not so much.  They did it in the 13 foot dive well and it wasn't so fine.  He struggled keeping up with everyone and so they had him swim next to the wall so he could stop when he needed.  I felt bad for the teachers cuz I knew how much I hated teaching kids who were not placed correctly.  You'd think I'd know better, lol.  Oh well, he managed and although he didn't pass (surprise surprise) he improved and loves it.
 This was his favorite part.
 I didn't get a good close up of Eah cuz by the time I got over to her class they were playing a game of Alligator Alligator, what time is it?  She's the one the front with the goggles on.  She passed level 2 as well and actually kind of surprised me on how well she did.    She's become a little fish.
 Mak's group and few others played sharks and minnows and she along with the teachers were the last one's standing, so the teachers huddled around her and carried her across the pool so she wouldn't get tagged.  It was pretty hilarious.
 Here are my swimmers.  So proud of them.  Glad they love the water as much as I do.  I think with a little encouragement, they will all do swim team next year.  Ok let's be realistic, they are doing swim team weather they like it or not, lol.  

1 comment:

Amanda Davis said...

Just so you know I voted for Mohonirmoriancamer... just to be funny I really want to vote for Molly. It was on my list but we never used it!