Tuesday, July 3, 2012

38+ Weeks and who knows!!!!

So I'm right on schedule, 38+ weeks, and 2 cm 80% effaced.  Every single one of my pregnancies seems to be the same at this time.  The last 4 weeks I start dilating and thinning and at my 39 appt. I get to a 3 and then go into labor shortly after that.  Today at my appt. I asked my Doctor to strip my membranes and he looked a little shocked and said are your sure (my guess is because tomorrow is the 4th and who wants to miss all of the fun activities going on.  I'm thinking, heck ya, I don't expect anything to happen right away, it usually never does.  Sometimes I've had to get stripped twice before I go into labor.  Anyway, he appeased my request and stripped me and then said, we'll probably see ya tonight.  I chuckled knowing that wouldn't happen.  Well as soon as I got into the car I was uncomfortable and have been ever since.  I don't think this has ever happened. I haven't had real contractions yet, but I definitely feel different/in more pain.  I'm trying to stay upright to let gravity help and I just took 1 TB of Castor oil to see if that does something, otherwise it will just clean me out, which is not a bad thing at this point, lol.  I've never really thought about having a baby on a holiday, but tonight would be a really convenient night since Randy's parents are coming over for some fun tomorrow.  Plus being pregnant in this Utah heat has been pretty miserable.  I wouldn't mind laying in an A/C hospital being waited on hand and foot.  So here's to hoping that something good happens tonight and that I'm not just miserable sitting on the pot.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Yay! Go Katie! Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful July 4th either way :)

Elaine Shandra said...

How fun would a 4th of July birthday be? There's always a party and fireworks just for them!

Bonnie-Jean said...

Congratulations Katie, it worked out the way you were hoping it would. :)

Elaine Shandra said...

Congrats Katie! So excited for you! What a great day for a birthday :)