Friday, August 31, 2012

Grandma has left the building so nobody move!!!

This is a little old now but crazy things have happened as of late, and I think I can regroup and finish what I started last week.  Anyway, I've had the most perfect recovery from little Mase and I attribute it to the amazing help that I've had.  I know I'm sure I've given the run down before in other posts but I'm doing it again, so bear with me.  Right after she was born, Randy's parents happened to be here for the 4th of July holiday so my MIL stayed throughout the weekend and the day she left my lil bro came till my family's reunion in which he took the oldest 2 with him.  Then my sweet MIL took the younger two for part of that time up to her place leaving Randy and I alone with the babe for a few days.  When those 2 came back there were just a couple of days left before the older came home.  I was by myself with all of my kids for about 4 days before my mom was able to come down and help for a week.  She needed to go home that next week to make sure James was ready for his mission and since we had so much time off (from Randy not having to use vacation time after the baby was born) we decided to make the drive up to MT for 10 days and then come home after in which my mom would stay till the 2nd day of school. 
I can't believe that I ever got that much help and I'm an indeed so grateful.   So, thanks to all of you (you know who you are) for giving me this amazing opportunity to bond with our new addition.  It was heaven.  So I finally had to put my big girl panties on and take care of my family. . . by myself.  Well all was going well till the day after Malia started kindergarten and I went and played volleyball for the first time in years (btw, I'm not good, nor have I ever been good), and right before I was planning on leaving I jumped up for a hit and landed on the side of my foot and did this

Kinda gross eh?  Apparently I can't take care of myself, but I have some amazing neighbors/friends who helped me the couple of days that I was down.  Oh and it's not broken, just sprained . . . badly.  I've iced the snot out of it and kept it elevated and wore a compression sock for 2 days and I have to say, as long as I'm wearing the air cast, I'm doing good.  Not even using crutches anymore.  And seeing how it's Morgan's birthday today, that's quite an accomplishment.  So we are off to celebrate, another post to come on that.  Here's to hoping I don't hurt myself anymore.

No comments: