Monday, August 13, 2012

Going to Grandma's

Since Randy didn't have to take time off after Masie was born because of the awesome help we got from his mom, and my brother, we decided to take a quick vacation up to my mom and dad's to see their new house before school started and take a much needed break from reality.  I didn't do a good job documenting everything we did with my camera because I wanted to be lazy but here are some of the things we had fun doing.  
My little sister, Bacon and her new husband came over from Spokane to go camping and ended up hanging out with us most of the time, cuz I'm cool like that, well sort of since I forgot to pull my camera out and show that we actually saw them.  The day they had to head back, we went down to the river near my parents house and played around for a few hours.  There were tons of little minnows in the water and Mak caught a few.
 It's hard to see but that little tadpole looking thing kinda in the center is her catch.
 Morg having fun
 And Eah
 Even Maser couldn't contain her enthusiasm.  This is pretty much what she always does in her car seat.
 Randy got in on the action, even though the water was freezing.
 Mak couldn't help herself, what a loving sister.
 We also went to the fair with my mom.  There was a free bus that took you from the mall to the fair so you didn't have to fight traffic or pay $6 to park.  The kids were really excited to ride the bus, we should've just done that all day and bagged the fair, lol.
 Malia riding the cars at the carnival.
 The kids getting ready for a fast spinny ride which unfortunately made Mak sick so she was out for the rest of the fun and Morgan saw a kid puke so she backed out before even going on.
 Mak and Mic before the ride.
 Morg opted for the swings.
 Later in our vaca. my oldest sister Shauna came with her kids since we haven't seen them in a couple of years.  Ella and Malia haven't really ever seen each other (well enough to remember and actually play)  We went to a splash pad right down the street from my mom's with them.  It was fun.
 These two are hysterical, they fight like sisters but want to play together.  It will be interesting to see them as they grow up.  Oh and Malia is 4 months YOUNGER than Ella, but that didn't stop her from growing taller than her, lol.
 The day we were leaving to go home was my baby brother's farewell at church.  That was the other reason for Shauna coming.  After church he was set apart as a missionary to serve in the Portland Oregon Mission.  He is soo excited.  Here's Shauna's fam with him.
 And my parents
 And us, notice Masie sleeping, again.
 And the nieces and nephews
 doing the Bolt.
 The morning we left we took some shots of the kids. . .
 jumping on the trampoline.
 Malia and Ella
 Micah and Preston
 Morg, Kyra and Mak.
It was really nice to get away for a bit and see some fam we haven't in a while since I was pregnant and sick every time we got together in the last 9 months.

1 comment:

Mego said...

Man it's a good thing bacon is so cool and told you about the fair! :-)