Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Break 2012

This year for fall break we were going to go on a hike like we usually do, but my kids got sick on the day we were suppose to go so we ended up not doing it.  However, before they got sick I really wanted to go up the canyon and enjoy an afternoon at South Fork park near Vivian Park before the weather really started to get poopy and the colors on the trees were completely gone.  So on my morning walk with "my ladies" I told them we were heading up around lunch and convinced them they needed to come with us, which they eventually caved and said they'd come.  Glad they did since we didn't go hiking.
 It was gorgeous up there.  Most of the leaves had fallen at the elevation we were at, but it was still fun and beautiful. The kids played in the creek/stream/river (it depended where you were standing).


 Matney doesn't like to do her daughters hair. . .
  probably cuz she like to pick her nose, lol (Sorry Mat, couldn't resist)
The kids kinda did their own little hiking.
And tried to find as many ways as they could to cross the creek part of the river without getting wet (they didn't stay dry long).
 Maser even had fun being out
 What a cutie.
Hopefully we'll get a hike in before it starts snowing, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: