Saturday, October 20, 2012

My little Young Women

I feel like my life right now is full of "It Hard to Believe's" and yet here we are again with another one.  I think it's time I just face the reality that this trend of getting older is going to continue to happen and that my life will always have another "it's hard to believe" moments.  With that said,  it's hard to believe that I have a 12 year old.  When did that become ok?  I remember when I first had her and jokingly thought to myself, well in 12 years I'll have a babysitter. . . HERE WE ARE!!!!! (excuse the mess behind her, this was after her party still attempting to clean it up).  She asked for my ice cream cake.  It was delish, as always.
 She also asked for an 80's party!!!! (laugh as you may)  I found it hilarious that my daughter wanted a party themed with the things I grew up with.  So with that in mind we had an 80's makeover party complete with bright nail polish, makeup and hair crimping (thanx again Michelle)
 We also opted for ice cream sundaes instead of cake.  So the girls got to make their own desserts.  Do you sense a theme here, a do it yourself party.  I figured with 12 year old's, they weren't really going to be into party games and such, so keeping them busy with making each other over was a great option.
 Most all of the girls dressed up in their tubular 80's outfits.
 Grandma was even brave (or bored since Grandpa went hunting that weekend) and came and helped saved me.
 What a great example she is to her younger siblings. . .
 or not, lol.
 She really had a lot of fun with this party 
 And I think the other 14 girls did too. (it was a mad house)
We couldn't be prouder of this girl.  As you can see, it won't be long till she is taller than me.  She is amazing.  She's sooo happy to be 12 and not a little kid anymore (she'll regret that later, lol).
 We didn't have her party on her birthday because of General Conference so on her bday I was able to make her our traditional bday pancakes and we had the above-mentioned ice cream cake that night.
She's learning the grass isn't always greener on the other side though.  She couldn't wait till she was 12 so she could go to Young Women's and not be in Activity Days anymore, little did she realize how similar and the 2 are.  Well at least she is not with her little sister anymore.  Happy Birthday my sweet baby, thanx for making our family a little more complete.  We love you!!!!

No comments: