Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July Birthday Bash!!!

1 year ago I was in the hospital giving birth to this little munchkin.  It's hard to believe a year has already passed.  After this birthday experience I have come to conclusion that having a birthday on the 4th is the coolest thing ever.  There will always be something to do, there are parades and parties and carnivals and family gatherings and there will always be fireworks just for you.  I have a built-in birthday plan every year for this little firecracker.  We started off the morning by going to our ward's annual breakfast.

Where they decided this year to shoot off the candy cannon.  
It was great.
Love that fireball coming out of the cannon.  Oh and Malia got hit in the head with a piece of candy.  It was great.
Next we headed to Provo for the Grand Parade (which I left the camera in the car so there are no pictures of that).  And then it was back to the house where everyone was meeting for lunch and birthday fun.  I decided to have a little fun this year with tiers and this is what I came up with.  Masie was really excited to get to destroy her cake.
I thought it turned out pretty good.  I'd change a few things for next time, but all in all it turned out great.
Getting ready for the traditional 1st birthday cake walk.
And here it is.  She did awesome compared to my other kids.  She didn't really ingest a whole lot, but made a good mess of it.
Then we got her a spoon and that's when she started eating it.
She really had fun with the cake


Cute little girl!

The rest of us got to dig into these.
Then it was time for presents.  I'm such a bad mom.  I did get a couple of little things, but I went to our basement and found some toys that we hadn't brought up yet for her to play with and wrapped them up for her.  She DID get a ton of presents though, in my defense, lol.  She loved it.  This is the blanket I found for her.  She has been stealing Malia's lovey which is silky on one side and fuzzy on the other.  So we decided that's what she really wanted. . . a lovey.  She's been cuddling with her muslin blankets, which is great cuz they are so thin, but when she gets a hold of this one, she just nuzzles right into you.  It's really cute.
After birthday celebration, family left to other things and we took naps and chilled till that evening.  Some of us went to Stadium of Fire (next post) and the rest went to a neighbors to watch the fireworks with Gma and Gpa.  Randy said that Masie loved the fireworks till she fell asleep.  She kept pointing at them and smiling.  Wish I could've seen it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE FIRECRACKER!!!!  What a fun 1st birthday for you.  So glad you came and joined our family 1 year ago.  Can't imagine our family without you.

No comments: