Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Contest

I posted a few pics in the last post of this, but I was able to find more pictures from a friend of mine and a couple off my camera when I finally charged it.  These are out of order for whatever reason I can't explain and I'm too tired to move them around  So here we go.  This last Saturday was the Children's Parade for the Freedom Festival.  The committee decided to have the baby contest winners walk in this parade instead of the Grand Parade on the 4th because, let's be realistic, it's short and sweet and babies don't last very long and the Grand Parade is like 5 miles instead of 5 blocks.  So we walked in the parade with the other winners.  Afterwards there was a reception where we had treats and drinks.  They had 2 balloon artists and a photographer as well so we took advantage of that.  She really is the cutest.
 My friend/neighbor is in charge (and has been in charge of since I've known her) of the baby contest.  She was walking around with her phone while Masie was being judged and started taking pictures of her saying, what a cute baby, not realizing we were standing right there, until she stood up and said "Hey I know you."  It was pretty hilarious.
 Masie was tired during the judging so we couldn't get her to show her true self.  She can be pretty funny with her jabbering and squealing.  Oh well, she was still really cute.
 Right after our name was announced.
The second place winners
Another shot at the reception.
Right before the parade started.
 We decorated the stroller right before we started walking.
 Oh and since we are friends with the lady in charge, she asked if the kids would like to hold the banner in the parade.  She said she usually has a hard time finding people which I totally understood.  I mean seriously, how many enter a baby contest that have older kids?  I'll tell ya. . no one!  I had the oldest kids there.


 My little helpers

And the baby, lol.
 Oh and just so you know, the 3 of them lasted uh. . .not even till we got out on the parade route.  They were fighting and whining that the others were not holding the banner right and this and that so I took over for Malia and "kept them in line."  They were killing me. 
All in all, it was a fun experience.  We were sad (and so was she for that matter) that McKenzie wasn't able to be there with us for the parade/reception.  It would have been nice to get a full family picture.  

No comments: