Thursday, September 4, 2008

Feeling Old!

So I wake up this morning to Malia crying at 6:15, of course we can't let mom sleep in . . . ever. Anyway, I didn't really have time to get on the computer yesterday much past 9 AM and so you can imagine my surprise to see what my lovely sister had done. Nice Ellen, I especially like the pic of me looking like I am going to barf up everything I had just inhaled from The Cheesecake factory (we had a sister's weekend in Seattle a couple of years ago and had a blast fyi). So my birthday went ok,
  • I got to play tennis with my friend Trisha
  • I was able to get the kids' warmer close up the stairs from the basement, (that is a feat in itself)
  • Went piano music shopping at the piano store in town that is going out of business and all their music was 50% off, (gotta love it)
  • Went bowling with the fam
  • Gotta a surprise cookie plate from Buffy and a gift from my VT
  • Went to PF Chang's and converted Randy to their lettuce wraps, (yum)
  • Went to a baseball game for about 2 innings until we couldn't stand it anymore a). cuz of the cold and lack of jackets, and b). we just aren't huge baseball fans but the tickets were free
  • Came home and played the Ticket To Ride expansion that Kristi got me, with Billy, Alina and Kristi, it is so much fun

So all in all even though I am (30) now, I had a good day, the kids picked out some really cute and funny cards that I think they like more than I did. Randy even took the night off from work so that he could actually be home for my old feeling birthday, what a sweetie, love ya toots. Oh and thanx again Ellen.

4 comments:

ellen said...

you're welcome. thanks for the music in advance and glad you had a good ol' day:) by the way...love the micahisms! sometimes you just gotta dance!

Sami said...

Happy Birthday!! I was freaking out about turning 30 also, but it's not so bad after all. Hope you had a great birthday!

Buffy Dayton said...

I am glad you got the cookies. I hope they weren't too cold! I am glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday KT! Strangely enough, 31 was worse for me than 30 was. Glad you had a good day.