Thursday, October 2, 2008

Confessions














So ,ya I know, I am lame and can't justify not posting anything for a month but I am going to try and get back on track. Some of you may know why I haven't been posting and the rest will figure it out with the images I've uploaded. It started 2 1/2 weeks ago when we went to my SIL Julies for our nephew', Tyler's, Deacon ordination and a joint September birthday party (we have a lot of Sept bday's on Randy's side). Well Julie gave me Twilight for my bday and I just kind of laughed to myself because I've had soo many people tell me that I needed to read it and that I would love it and all of that, but I was not going to give into peer pressure, lol. So I never went out to find the books or asked anyone to borrow their books and just left it alone. That was until I got a copy from my wonderful SIL. So that next day after I got the kids to bed, I flicked the TV on and to my dismay there was absolutely nothing on, so I gave into the urge to start the book. As soon as I started I had hard time putting it down. Stephanie Meyer has a way with ending her chapters that makes you want to keep going and I hate stopping in the middle of a chapter (not that I don't do it, I just don't like it). My other SIL Kristi had started the series also and I was able to borrow New Moon for her and figured that when she was done I would get it from her and continue reading. Well in 5 five days I was done with the first and wanted more and was desperate to find someone else to let me borrow their copy. I mentioned something on my Facebook status about being done and waiting for the next one and another counselor in the RS with me commented back and said she had all of them and I could borrow her set. So the next morning I contacted her, borrowed the rest of the series and almost immediately started reading. Now keep in mind I hate reading, ask Randy, or my sister, even though I was in AP English and had really hard homework throughout High School I hated to read what was assigned. I was better at writing the stupid research papers and essays instead so that's how I got through. So I haven't read a book out of pleasure since, uhhhh ever. But when I started these books I was sucked right into them and they kept me wanting more. I was reading these books in like 3-4 days and I officially finished the last book last night. I liked the ending it was happy and (I'm not much into morbid endings even though I was reading a book about vampires, kinda oxy-moronish I know). Now I am really sad that my nights may have to be filled with dumb TV shows (except Office, Lost and ER), so if any of you have good recommendations of books that I may like, let me know. Keep in mind I swear I have ADD when it comes to reading, my mind wanders and I quickly forget what I am reading, so it has to be something that I can follow easily. I'm half tempted to read The Host but am still debating. -K- enough of my rambling, I promise to be better, maybe

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Read The Host. I have a copy if you want to borrow it. I LOVED it. I like it more than Twilight, which is really saying something.

Sami said...

Yay, KT! I just started reading the last book in the series a few days ago and it is so frustrating because I hate to put it down and do all the other things I'm supposed to be doing! Steve makes fun of me because it was past midnight last night and I was still reading and not even tired. Oh well, I'll be done soon enough. BTW, I thought The Host was pretty good--a little odd at times, but it kept me interested.

Buffy Dayton said...

Oh dude, that is totally me. I said I wasn't going to read them and I totally got sucked in. I loved them and found that at the end of it all I was craving more Edward and Bella. My sis-in-law was telling me of the book Stephanie was writing from Edwards perspective but it is only on line, because it was leaked or something, anyway find it and read it online. Second. I am reading the host right now and I just can't even get through it. I don't really like it, but you might, I know people who have, but there you go! Good to see you blogging again.

Julie said...

It's funny because I don't usually give books out as presents. I guess this one was calling out to me saying, "Buy me for KT". The rest is history. Now you have learned something about yourself. That is the best present you can get!

Williams bunch said...

o.k Katie I did the same thing and read all of them in like a week, but you can go to her website and read part of her next book which is Twilight from Edwards point of view, oh it is so good, but it isn't the whole thing cause she is still working on it but it is good. Enjoy!!!