Saturday, October 11, 2008

Not quite ready for winter

No, this pic is not of anything around here, I just added it for the effect. The forecast this week kept saying that this weekend was going to be in the 40's, rain, and a chance for snow. I just laughed and kept saying to myself, "ya right." Until I woke up this morning and saw the dreaded white stuff coming down as I was getting breakfast for my kids. Mind you it wasn't coming down hard or a ton, just a fluff that lasted about 20 minutes, not even enough to leave any kind trace that it had even happened, but it's the beginning of October and I'm not ready. I like fall with the colors and the milder temperatures, I've been looking forward to it since July, but it has been unseasonably warm here, and we were just starting to get comfortable enough to keep the AC off. My kids have still been wearing shorts and capri's to school (up until yesterday when it was seriously cold). Is anyone else out there a little mift, or am I just on my own little planet? We still want to hike the "Y," and go up the canyon and ride the ski lift to hike around. Hopefully this fluff hasn't ruined our chances of seeing pretty colors up there. Next week is suppose to get back in the 70's (we'll see). I'm crossing my fingers.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I like the picture. We seriously woke up to 5+ inches of the white stuff. WOW- it's only mid-october! I brought in the two youngest rabbits even though they were both warm enough. It is still snowing off and on at 4 pm. Crazy! I'm sitting around in my capri's and Sydney went to get changed after church and what did she put on? Shorts and a tee shirt. Then Tyler and Sydney went outside and grabbed some snow and made slushies. You just get a packet of Koolaid and add twice the sugar. Very yummy cold treat1

Buffy Dayton said...

I am soooo not ready for winter. My kids are already sick, and that just means it is going to be a long winter. Why can't it just skip winter and have spring, then summer then a long fall! I love the fall.