Thursday, March 5, 2009

My little bro going to the MTC

I am from a family of 9 kids (me being #4) which I wouldn't have changed for the world. It was always loud and fun and now when we get together it is still loud and fun. I love it!! #8, Jon, recently turned 19 and turned in his papers to serve a mission for our church. He is called to serve for 2 years in the Riverside, California Mission. He is really excited and since I live here, I was able to go with him to the MTC. I think I have been to all of my siblings MTC dates except 1, sorry Billy I still love you. These pics are out of order and I am having trouble getting them in order, so I am going to just have to deal with it. He likes to pose with his hands.
The kids are sure going to miss him, actually they never really got to see him a whole lot, but they had fun with him while he was here.
There are only 4 of my siblings here for this one.
We ate at the yummiest place on earth, Tucanos!!! If you ever want good meat, and lots of if, I highly recommend it.
Jon wasn't able to go through the temple before coming out because the Chicago Temple flooded, so they got to do it with us here. It was fun to be able to go through with him.
So GQ he is.

The crew who went through with him.
Morgan loves Jon Jon, she really had a hard time letting him go. Oh and notice Kilroy in the back, yet again. My family loves this pose. I think it is because of the lack of attention we got growing up (ha ha ha ha ha).
A partial group shot at Tucanos.

I have more shots that I will probably post later, mostly for my family who wasn't here. We love you guys, wish you were here. But most of all we are so proud of Jon Jon and hope he has a great mission and learns a lot.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. It makes me want to cry that I couldn't be there.

Amanda Davis said...

I can't believe that Little John is 19 and going on a mission!!! It seems like just a few months ago you guys moved in and everyone thought he was such a cute little girl! (since he was barely two and had the cutest curly hair!!!!) I always loved that cute little John! I bet your mom is very proud to have all of her children serving missions and marrying in the temple! AMAZING! 8 out of 9 are there and only one left!