Friday, September 4, 2009

Another year gone, ARGH!

Ya, that's right, I am no longer just 30, I'm 31 (unless you talk to my kids, then I am 21, bless them). I was reminiscing to my younger years (like when I was 8), thinking, man I'm never going to be 30, that is soooooo old. Well, welcome old here I am.

For my birthday, Bacon came over and watched the kids while Randy and I went on a 10+ bike ride. It was really fun (except for the fact that when we got to our destination we realized that we had to come all of the way home, part of which was up a really big hill, oh and the fact that we haven't ridden in a while so we are really saddle sore), but other than that it was great. No seriously, it was a lot of fun, much needed alone time with Randy. We came home, had some dinner and since we just had a ton of cake from Malia's and Morgan's b-day's I really wasn't in a cake mood. But we realized that Randy's mom had given me a gift certificate for Cold Stone so we decided to get an ice cream cake, which was heavenly. I was reluctant at first just cuz I love Culver's and didn't really want to have my heart broken again from another ice cream cake wannabe, but I tell ya, it was well worth it.
Malia was so cute, after we sang, she climbed on the table and was quickly trying to blow my candles out, we were laughing so hard (you can tell by Bacon laughing in the background), that we kept lighting them and having her blow them out again. What was soo funny is that she would wait till we were done singing before trying to blow them out each time. It was awesome. That's what the video is of at the bottom of this.
So after she finally let me blow my own candles out, Randy was taking a long time to take the picture that I decided to puff out my cheeks, not realizing this is what I looked like.
So here is to another year, it's gonna be fun cuz I'm ready for it. Bring it on world. Oh and enjoy the video clip, we sure did.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Old Lady! Sorry I couldn't make the official birthday call, my phone had no signal. Luv ya!