Monday, September 7, 2009

My little helper

Ever since the kids have gone off to school, I have noticed a little shadow that follows me around whenever we are home alone. It recently occurred to me that it was Malia. She is soo bored without her siblings around. Usually when I get into the shower, she really doesn't know what to do with herself, which usually results into some kind of mess (usually with my lotion on the bathroom counter).

One time last week she gave us a heart attack when she (being the Houdini she is) opened a Costco-sized bottle of Aleve and dumped it all over the place. When I got out of the shower, I ran around yelling for her, hoping she would answer me, finding her on her bed, face down, I thought she was dead. She slowly rolled over and began to cry cuz she knew she did something wrong. Upon examining her, I saw the blue powder around her lips and quickly opened her mouth to look for any remnants. I didn't find anything and really started to get scared. I counted the pills left in the bottle, but lets face it, I use this stuff at least once a week and for Pete's sake it's from Costco, so there was no way I was going to figure out how many (if any) she ingested. So I called poison control (my first time amazingly enough) and she calmed me down and we both decided after a bit to keep her home and watch her for the next few hours, in which my new friend Kathy, was going to call back and check up on her, but if anything began to change to call her immediately and then go to the ER. A few hours passed, Malia was acting the same as always, making messes, following me around, and Kathy called. She asked how she was doing and said that symptoms would have set in by now and that if she did eat any of it, it was not very much and she'd be fine. Thank goodness they don't make Aleve taste good, otherwise it would have been a different story. But now, my bathroom has been completely rearranged and there is nothing on the counter anymore, which also in turn looks much nicer. So thanx Malia, for scaring me enough to do something about the bathroom. Now you are going to have to find something new to destroy.

Like the laundry. . . This is here favorite game. . . how many times van I dump the laundry put it back in and dump it out again before I get bored.
I tell ya, she was content for a good 15 minutes. Maybe this is what I need to get her before I get in the shower from now on.

1 comment:

Diane Jaggi said...

That is scary business! It is a good thing that adult meds are gross!

Showering with kids...yes I agree. I lock my bedroom door so they can't distroy the WHOLE house and I shower as fast as I can (3 minutes is my best time). I usually have someone watching or trying to join me. My husband needs to take lessons. HA!