Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holy Halloween Batman!!!

Wow, the last few weeks have been nuts with Halloween preparations that I didn't have time to make individual posts about each of these, so I'm not going to.  You just get to have another reeeeeaaaalllyyy long post to read over, or not.  I was asked by Micah's teacher to help chaperon their field trip to a pumpkin patch.  It was a lot of fun, very chaotic, but fun.  These kids were hysterical.
 We took a hayride, I thought these 2 were cute together.
 Found a tepee made out of corn husks. . . and I only lost 1 kid the whole time (that's actually really good considering I had 6 and the pumpkin patch decided to have 4 other schools of kindergartner's there.  So there was a sea of 5/6 year-olds.  It got a little tricky keeping everyone together.
 We picked out pumpkins and I helped the older girls one night to carve theirs.
 The had fun scooping the guts by themselves, finally.
 Their masterpieces.
 I helped Malia the next day while everyone was at school.  She really loved the guts and was sad when it was all cleaned out.
 And of course we couldn't have a Halloween without pumpkin Ralph on our steps.  Micah didn't carve his pumpkin.  He was too preoccupied playing Harry Potter Lego's on the Wii and didn't want to do it until after Halloween.  So I told him maybe we would paint his for Thanksgiving.
 OH and did you hear, it snowed The Tuesday before Halloween?  Something I wasn't ready to wake up to.
 Luckily it didn't last very long on the ground.
 I'm the room mom for Micah's class again, so I got to put together his Halloween party this year.  I had a ton of help from sooo many mom's it was awesome.  I loved it.  He's the Cowboy riding the horse.
 Morgan was a Vampire, but didn't keep the wig on for very long.
 As you can see in the parade, this was about 15 minutes after the last shot.
 Mac was a 50's girl, my mom sent me the skirts we used as kids.  It was fun seeing her wear it.
 Emme was also a 50's girl, they had fun being twins.  I also helped out at McKenzie's party since Micah's was already done.  They had a lot of fun wrapping each other up in toilet paper and making sure no one ate Pete.
After the partying on Friday (which also included our ward party and trunk-or-treat)  Grandma and Grandpa took the kids home with them so Randy and I could have an evening together and party with a few of our friends.  We stayed up till 2 playing games and just having fun.

We got to Gma/pa's Saturday and they had more partying planned for the kids.  Lots of games and treats.  We went trick-or-treating Sat. night in their neighborhood.  Eah was a princess, she loved wearing the costume and holding the umbrella cuz  it had been raining right before we got out there.
 Getting ready for more candy.
 Still no wig but just as happy.
 Wondering if she's getting too old for this. . .
 And most of the crew.
 And of course we had to have pumpkin BOB to complete the Halloween festivities.
 Yummy cheesy goodness (even if my kids don't think so).
I love Halloween, but this year was just a little too chaotic for me, hopefully next year will be calmer since it lands on a Monday.  I love seeing my kids grow up and see how their tastes change.  What will next year bring?

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love the picture of Micah and Izzy! Also, how sad is it to have a child not know what the heck just happened, and try to cope with it. It's hard to watch that, I'm glad all is well now.