Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Micah

Our little man had a lucky weekend of a birthday.  His actual bday was on Thursday and we celebrated the best we could (being a school day and all) and then it gradually got bigger throughout the weekend.  I'm tired and get too frazzled on school mornings to make any decent kind of breakfast for my kids, but on their birthday's I usually make pancakes.  It seems every bday, it gets harder and harder.  So I got this idea in my head, how about cinnamon rolls (frozen one's that is) the night before and all I have to do in the AM is put them in the oven. So that's what I did.  Here's to a day full of sugar, woo hoo!
 Micah really liked them though and that's all that mattered.
 He really wanted donuts for his classmates, so I exercised and then went to the store and got 2 doz donuts and brought them into class for him.  Randy even came home from work early and came into class with me and Eah.
 I can't remember the last time we had been to McDonald's, I think it was last spring during Spring Break, anyway, we decided to surprise Micah and take him out for dinner there.  He was really excited.  The kids got Bakugan toys which they played with all weekend.
 The reason we went out to dinner instead of me making him his fav dinner was because Randy's basketball team had their first game and he wanted us to go and watch.  (this will probably the only time we go, there's no where to sit)  Anyway, the kids were pretty good.  They got antsy, I got this shot of Malia and thought it was cute.
 Randy after the game.  They kicked the other team's tooshies.  Here are my 2 guys.
 Friday, we had a family party.  My bro and his fam came, Randy's parents and sister came.  We made tonz of pizza (since it's Micah's favorite dinner and it was Friday night Pizza night anyway) and had cake and ice cream (I asked Randy's mom to be in charge of the cake, she got him a Tron cake and Micah was pretty excited), and opened presents.  Micah was very patient with the presents since he didn't open any on his actual birthday.  But we made up for it.  This is Micah holding his newest cousin Raleigh (known to Eah was Wall-E).  She is soo cute and such a good baby.
 Kiki had fun to with all of the party excitement, especially watching her dad play the Wii.
 Micah and his Tron cake.
 Gma and Gpa gave him a remote control car.  That things hasn't stopped going around the house all weekend.
 We got him a Star Wars Lego set.  He was very excited but I don't think it compared to Randy's excitement.  Micah probably put 2 of the pieces on that thing.
 On Saturday Micah had a birthday party with his friends around the neighborhood.  6-6 yr old's can be very entertaining to watch. 
 These guys are such hams.  We played a Star Wars pin the tail kind of a game.
 Lego creation competitions. . . that was a fun/quiet/time-consuming activity which I loved. (BTW thanx Gma and Gpa for letting us borrow 1 of your boxes of Legos).
 Then we created cupcakes-do you sense a theme here?  The kids had fun making messes with frosting and sprinkles and everything else.
 Lots of messes.
 We opened presents and played another game and then let the boys just have some free time to just play.  Some of them went upstairs to Micah's room, other's played Just Dance, which is hysterical to watch.  These guys had a lot of fun.
Then is was over (big sigh) and the boys went home and we got back to real life again.  I can't believe he's 6 already.  He sure has grown overnight.  Micah you bring such an amazing spirit to our family.  Hope you had an unforgettable birthday.  We love you Little Man.

1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

It looks like Micah had lots of different fun things to do to celebrate! He's so cute. :)
You got some really fun pictures. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you, maybe one day.
Also, I LOVE Raleigh's nickname, it's perfect. :)