Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Skiing Fun

We were invited by my brother's, inlaws to go cross country skiing.  They have a plenty of equipment for us and the kids and there's lots of snow outside, so we figured why not.  We were going to go on MLK day but it had rained the night before and so the snow had turned into ice which is not favorable weather for 1st time skiiers.  So we decided to try for this last weekend and it was perfect.  The mountains had gotten an inch or so of fresh powder, the temp was about 40 degrees and it was sunny.  It was gorgeous.  Unfortunately, Morgan had gotten sick the day before and Randy had gotten a call to prepare a lesson for Elder's quorum.  So he decided to stay back with Morg and Malia (since I didn't want to take her by myself), and do his lesson and some homework, leaving me to take Mac and Micah with my bro and his dad-in-law. 
 Let me just say, the kids did awesome, way better than me.  I've only every been waterskiing and snow is a little bit different.  Mac stayed in front with Billy kicking my trash.  Micah, as long as we were on flat ground, went way faster than me too.  Micah fell a lot but laughed the entire time.  Mac went down a few small slopes and did amazing.  I need to get her some lessons or something.  I think she may have found her nitch.  Unfortunately I did not get many pictures of them skiing.  This was in the meadow where you could choose different routes that all lead back to this spot.  It was beautiful.
As for me and my ability, I have some serious practicing to do.  I could get into a rythm and do pretty good and then have to go up a hill and try and help Micah and that combination was bad.  I fell quite a few times but didn't realize how bad I was until I got home and saw these beauties on my legs. . .
Ya that's right, both legs, huge bruises.  I did have a lot of fun and it was an awesome workout, but this is one thing I am just not a natural at.
Thanks Billy's inlaws for the fun day. Hope we can do it again before the white stuff goes away.

3 comments:

Jess said...

bwahahaha, you fell???
haha, don't you love me??? Love the bruises! You ROCK!

Bridget said...

OH man, those look awful!

Bridget said...

OH man, those look awful!