Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yes I know, it's not Christmas anymore and Happy News for me

I finally got my jump drive over to my friend's home so I could get the some of the pics she took of a couple of things we did.  One being the ward breakfast.  My camera's battery died and it also doesn't take the best pics in the gym's light.  So here are a few she got.

Malia being. . . Malia
 Micah as a shepherd.
 Mac as an Angel.
 She was the angel who announced Jesus birth. (I love the little girl on the left, almost looks like popcorn popping, hu?)
 Morgan is the angel with the blue belt.  They all did a really good job.
 And yes, I did let me kids go and see Santa this year.  Micah really wanted a pillow pet.
 Morgan also wanted a pillow pet and some slippers.
All Malia wanted was a double stroller.
 Mac wanted a pillow pet too, do you sense a theme here?
 Our friends got together for our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  Everyone got pretty creative this year.  Here's Kelly and Kye with their Santa bellies.
 The winner was Brian.  Isn't that awesome.  Sarah made theirs out of old, ugly DI finds.  They were great.
We went to Cafe Rio and showed off our awesome sweaters.  Randy's was pretty sweet too.  It was a green suit jacket with poo brown slacks, a green/red plaid shirt and and heinous tie.  I added the holly and ivy to the lapel for a better affect.  I should've gotten a pic of us, but we were having too much fun.  Thanx guys for the great time.
So it's been over a week since Christmas and I've been dying to announce this, but I had to wait until my dad ok'd it since he's the bishop in his ward.  But he has told them, so it's my turn. 
My dad got a job transfer. . finally. 
He has been trying to get a promotion since he moved to Michigan and it just never happened, until now. We are alllllll soooooo excited. He starts at the end of February in Montana.  Do you know how happy that makes me?  It will be be only a 9 hour drive instead of 2 and half days.  I can't wait till they are out here.  They are going to let James finish his senior year before they completely pack up and head out, my dad's nice like that, he did that for Shauna when we moved from Virginia to Oregon too.  But by the end of this year, my whole family, minus my bro who's serving in Afghanistan, will be in the west.  That is an amazing accomplishment.  Anyway not that this affects any of you, I am just really excited and happy that after many years of hard work, patience and being faithful, my dad is being blessed.  He deserves it.

1 comment:

Sister Tara Bowen said...

I'm so happy for your family to all be closer (except the brother in Afghanistan). It is awesome when we're patient and the blessings finally come that we've been praying for forever. And you were really jipped, with Malia getting a double-ear infection after surgery. Not cool.