Thursday, June 16, 2011

Aren't things suppose to happen in 3's?

At least that is what I've been told.  We've a crappy past couple of months.  It just seems like it's one thing after another and it's never ending.  It started in March when Randy sprained his ankle really bad (which still hasn't completely healed, but it's slowly getting better).  Then we had a break until May when. . . wait for it (deep breath in)
2. I broke my curling iron and almost started a fire
3. Malia's bike finally kicked the bucket which in turn cost money to get McKenzie a new bike (long story)
4. My washing machine's warranty was expiring so I got a maintenance check to make sure everything was in working order (which it was by the 1st technician) only to find out a month later that he missed something pretty obvious had he taken off the front panel off, which would have been fixed, and in turn would not have made my frontelectric panel short out requiring another technician to come and fix it.  Ya, I'm in a big dispute with Sears right now.
5. Right after the washer broke (literally that door) One of my children clogged the toilet so bad that it flooded the bathroom.  Ya, gross.
6. I totally slammed my index finger in the car door, it really hurt for a couple of days and even typing now it's still sensitive.
7.  I tweaked my elbow while doing push ups on P90X and it still hurts. 
8. Our AC went out, luckily we rent and the weather is not blazing yet, so it was fixed fast and with a bigger unit, can I get an AMEN!!!
9. McKenzie landed on her foot wrong and we really thought she broke it. We were so sad cuz it was the beginning of Summer break and  thought this is a great way to start of the Summer.  Luckily she was only in a splint and crutches for about a week and then she attempted to walk on it.  It took a few minutes for her to get her "footing" (ha ha get it?) back and she hasn't had a lot of problems since.  It hurts every once in a while but she not letting it slow her down.
.
But during all this mayhem, I'm trying to see the good in everything.
1. The kids are out of school, so I don't have to be everywhere all of the time.
2. We get to take the kids' report cards to Krispy Kreme and get a dozen and a half of donuts. Yummm
3. We have a home where most everything works and when it doesn't, I have the best friends and neighbors who are always willing to help me out, even let me wash stinky poo towels in their washer.
4. I have my family who are for the most part healthy.  I have friends who have husbands leaving on deployment next week. I have other friends who have cancer or who have children who are fighting cancer.  I have a sister who is pregnant who can't stand for very long cuz her varicose veins are so bad it sends shooting pain all over.  I really shouldn't complain about ankles and feet that will heal themselves over time.
5. My husband has a job, even though it's not his ideal job, it pays the bills, and his schooling and it's making it possible for us to excel. (ONLY 1 MORE YEAR)
6. I have lost 17 pounds (and counting) doing P90X with my buddy, and jogging with more buddies, and Zumba-ing with even more buddies.  I still have more to lose, but I feel like now my goal is more achievable.
7. Randy's and my callings at church, although stressful and time consuming, are a huge blessing for us.  I have grown and learned so much in the last 3 years.
8. We have realized that when and if we move next year, we are going to probably have to move ourselves and so we are starting now to get rid of, sell and reorganize our "stuff."  We sold some nightstands this week, yippee, and have a few more things on KSL.  My bedroom is starting to look like a bedroom opposed to the kids' dumping ground.  I actually want to be in there again.
9. I have the knowledge that there's more out there than just what we do here on earth.  I know that everything I do, or learn or am forced to put up with is only going to make a stronger person.  So even though there has been a lot of bad things happening to us lately, I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me and is watching out for me and my family.  I know that one day I'll be able to be with him again if I can just endure this earthly life and do what he asks me to do to the best of my ability.  I know that when I'm having poopy days, I can pray and know that he is listening.  my first list are things that are not going to kill me or cause me to question my faith, they are just there to help me remember to rely on the Lord.

1 comment:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

nice to know that to every bad thing there is a counter blessing. Love that about Heaven;y Father.