Monday, June 20, 2011

June Happenings Thus Far

It's hard to believe that June is over half way over, but at the same time not really.  We've kept busy with things, which has helped pass the time a little more quickly.  One thing we did was we decided to not buy another pool for the kids to break (again) and opted to build this little soaker fun.
 We found it on family fun and thought it was a great alternative to a pool.  It cost the same as a pool that we would have bought, it only took a couple of hours to cut and drill and put together and it will last longer and be easier to store.  So far the kids have been having a blast with it, (when it hasn't been cold or raining).
 My friend/neighbor turned 29 (again) and she has a tradition of throwing herself a party so she can indulge in yummy Costco cake and not have tons of leftovers to gorge herself on.  I think the idea is ingenious.  Too bad my bday always lands over Labor Day weekend.  Here she is with her hubby Chris (who's also 29 again).
 Chris is leaving for Afghanistan pretty soon so I wanted to take a family shot just in case we aren't here when he gets back.  He's awesome and we'll miss him while he's gone.  Don't worry Trish, we'll keep ya company and play lots of card while he's away.
 The goofies.  Chris looks a little sadistic here, almost like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining," right?
 We've gone to the park a few times and twice to this duck park.  Once with our playgroup and once with my sis Linsday while she we in town for her SIL's wedding.  We love feeding the ducks, can ya tell.  I am finally out of old bread though, so I will have to start stocking up again.
 The ducks at this park are more hungry than the BYU ducks.  They actually eat the bread, maybe it's because there is so much more of them.
 They just come right up to you, it's awesome.
 Collin loves to draw, he sat on this rock for a while just showing Alina his pictures.
 We also celebrated Father's day yesterday in style.  (Well as much as you can with early morning meetings for church).  He didn't get breakfast in bed, but I made him some delicious steak.  I hope that made up for it.  The highlight of the day was when Malia asked if I would paint her nails, to which my response was, ask daddy, which in turn became, let's paint daddies nails.
 He's such a trooper.
 Aren't they gorgeous?  Each appendage was a different color.  We went and played games with some friends that evening and all we kept see was this hand come out with red paint all over it.  It was hard to get used to.  He had me remove it before bed.
Can you tell he's a daddy to 3 girls?  Too bad he doesn't have hair to curl or put into ponytails.  Maybe we'll buy him a wig for that.  We have more stuff coming up, but I wanted to get this in here before I forget.  Next up, Moab trip, Manti Pagent, and camping with gma and gpa.  They are all back to back, so we'll how long it takes for me to get it up.  Wish me luck.

No comments: