Monday, December 16, 2013

Kristi's Home & Happy Thanksgiving!

The Friday before Thanksgiving, Sister Tucker arrive home from her mission to Des Moines, Iowa.  We have all missed her so much and are so grateful for her service these past 18 months.  The whole family (including Rob's from San Antonio) went to the airport to meet her off of her plane.
 There were so many other families there waiting to meet their missionaries.  I think we counted between 10-12 huge groups waiting just like us.  Here she is ready for the biggest hugs ever.
 Everyone was sooo happy to see her
 especially McKenzie.  We didn't realize she was going to have this kind of reaction, but it was soo sweet.  She really missed her aunt.
 We found out that one of the reasons there were so many people waiting for their missionaries, is Des Moines sent home these awesome servants at the same time.  
 Kristi's MTC companion who went to West Virginia (I think) also arrived at the same time, so they got to see each other again.  Her name was Sister Tucket.  How crazy is that?

After we were done wiping our eyes, we went out to lunch to a diner in Kaysville.  It was really yummy, way too much food, but soo good.
 These were the babies that were born while she was gone. (Well technically,  Felicity was born about 1 month before she left, but Kristi has not seen her grow).
 The cousins had so much fun playing together, sometimes a little too much fun.  Holy makeup batman.
 That weekend was really busy getting ready for Kristi's homecoming and Bacon's baby shower.  She came down for a wedding on Adam's side and her MIL wanted to throw her a baby shower while she was here around a lot of family so I hauled the Tucker girls to see her and help her celebrate her new, upcoming arrival.  One of the games was to make a baby out of playdough for Bac to judge.  Alina and I won 1st and 2nd (I kicked everyone's trash).  Alina's was very cute, but mine just had that "I'm her sister" factor to it.  I gave it an umbilical cord and it was anatomically correct. (for a girl).  She busted up and didn't have to look any further. :)
 We went home for the week so the kids could finish their last few days of school and Randy could work before we headed back for Thanksgiving.  I (because I'm me) didn't get anything from that  except a couple of Masie enjoying the baby swing she once loved so much.  Kendra and I stayed home one evening to watch the kids under 8 so the rest could go see Savior of the world.  Being pregnant and having seen it before, I opted to let those who hadn't yet seen it go while I lounged on the recliner and bribed the kids with movies and popcorn.  I'm a good babysitter I tell ya.
Masie was in heaven rocking about.  The funny thing is she is still light enough to be in there.
After it was all over and we had to get back to reality, it snowed for for 2 or 3 days straight dumping about 10 inches on us.  It was beautiful. . . 
 but I don't like long storms.  I like it to dump in a day or less and then melt off the streets so I can get back to my normal life.  This was in the middle of the storm, we had to shovel a few more times before it stayed off.  

No comments: