Friday, December 13, 2013

Morgan's 10!


 Ya, Ya, Ya I know.  It's almost Christmas and I'm now posting her birthday from August.  You can say it, I'm a horrible mother.  -K- Now that we have that out of the way.  I can't believe how much this girl has grown.  We have another double digiter (it's a word right?) and there's no stopping us now.  This year Morg had a "friend" party but since her birthday landed on Labor Day weekend we opted to wait a week for the party since a lot of her friends were going to be out of town.  So we celebrated as best we could before that.
A typical Morgan Face.
 For my birthday my MIL got scheduled me for some cake decorating classes.  She knows I make the kids' cakes so this was great.  I got some good tips and learned to make some new flowers, like this cute white ones.  
 Oh and Randy got me a beautiful cake stand so now my cakes will pretty. . .right?
 Morgan wanted a Lego party which made me very happy.  I love easy parties.  We played some Lego games. . .
 Ate some cake. . .

 And while we were opening presents. . .the lights went out and huge storm came through that ended up flooding about 20 neighbors and hundreds of others in the area.  It was crazy.  Luckily this was not Morgan's actual birthday because the rest of the day and into the night was spent helping everyone around us out.  We were ok, had a little dripping in the basement . . .
 And had our back door leak quite a bit but nothing we couldn't handle.  
It was amazing to see how quickly we all got together to help each other out.  There were about 6-10 homes that were so bad that restoration companies had to come and pump out water (like the water in the window well breaking windows to basements and having a wall of water crash through basement doors).  The kids thought it was pretty exciting to see the chaos.  
Anyway, we are so grateful to have Morgan the "mini mom" in our family.  She's always there ready to help.

No comments: