Friday, April 18, 2008

Blogging withdrawl

I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged last, things have been pretty nuts around here for a few reasons. We have two laptops, the new easy one to use, and the slow annoying huge monster that we bought when McKenzie was a baby. The reason we bought the new one was cuz Randy can't take the old one to school and work to do his homework, there is no battery life to it anymore unless it is plugged in. Since it is the end of the semester here, that means that Randy takes it to work every night and school everyday in order to finish the huge projects that he's been assigned. So here I have been at home stuck with this horrible beast that really is not good for anything except checking emails and reading blogs, but I can't take it anymore and and so I am giving in and blogging. There will not be any pics, I hate to download them to this one, it just makes it slower, but as soon as Randy gets to take a breath, I will oh so carefully pry the good computer out of his unsuspecting fingers and post some pics.

So, some of things that have happened lately are that I was able to go to the Sunday Morning Session of Conference a few weeks ago (my bro Will and Fiance had an extra ticket) and Randy was soo kind to let me get out the house without the chitlins and enjoy a morning filled with the spirit. I have to say that was my first General Conference not watching it on the screen. We were there for Music and the Spoken word (loved it), and then Conference was just amazing, even Pres. Monson said that session was awesome.

Some friends of ours (the Sweats) that moved away from us to go to the land of warmth and fun in Cali, recently came back cuz Matt had a job to do. So Christina hung out with us a bit, which we loved. Their two boys Ethan (or Efan, according to Micah) and Reese (or Reese's Pieces, according to Efan) have grown so much and are the cutest things ever.

Some other friends (the Jackson's) that also left us to go to the sunnier/warmer part of the state came back to finish packing up and cleaning their home so they could rent it out. We had them over for dinner and let the kids play as much as possible before they really truly left again. This time we won't know when we'll see them again, (at least until Randy graduates and we move down there for school and will be closer to them). We love their family and my kids talk about them a lot when they are not here. We both have four kids and each them are the same ages (within months of each other) It was great having them around while we were able to and can't wait to go down there to be close again.

We then proceeded to Spring Break and had two really nice days in which we spent seriously alllll day outside, (McKenzie and Morgan got a little burned) riding bikes, playing with chalk, playing at the park, etc. but we also got ready for Aunt Wauwee (as my kids say) to come and play with us. Her sweet hubby sent her away to spend time from her kids and rejuvenate herself to come hang out with me, (however I don't know how much rejuvenating she got done with my kids around). She was also going to spend time with another friend that lives in Toelle. So she came Wed, night and we did fun non-kid things on Thursday, like doing a session at the temple, getting pedicures, going to see a chick flick with our soon-to-be sis-in-law. My kids love it and Morgan keeps asking when Loralee (another nickname) is coming back. We all had a blast, but the time unfortunately had to come to an end, so we took her this morning to meet her friend at Temple Square in Salt Lake. After which we stayed and did church touristy things that we still haven't seen with the kids. We figure we better get this done before we leave and never come back and regret not taking advantage of the fact that we lived in Utah for short period of time. So we took the kids to the Beehive house, the roof of the conference center and then the church history museum. By the end of the museum the kids were "done" and so we called it a day. It sure was fun.

Sorry about how long this post is, as soon as I reclaim the better computer I will post some pics.

2 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

You got a lot done on one day in Salt Lake! It took us 2 days to get it all in! It was wonderful though! Enjoy it while you can! I miss Laurie too! She doesn't live far from me I think. Vancover is only about 1 or 1 1/2 hours from here! Good to here you guys are busy and well. I prefer to be busy then board (not that anyone can get board with 4 kids!) Love ya!

amie said...

Thanks so much for feeding us while we were there last weekend...and for cleaning my house...and for lending me some baby clothes...and for getting me an "oxy bucket"(lol)!!! It was so good to see you. We miss you guys terribly! I had a bit of a break down this week... usually it is my kids saying that they miss 'home' and friends but this time it was me. I am sure we will be up again soon. I know that Eric is coming up next weekend to paint. Maybe we will come with him!