Thursday, April 24, 2008

My daughter, Napoleon Dynamite


The other day I picked up Morgan from school. When I got home Randy looked at me with that "Do I have a story for you" look, when the phone rang. It was McKenzie calling home from school. Randy hands me the phone with a smirk. I pick up the phone and hear on the other end, "Mom I need some chapstick." I turned to Randy confused to which he whispered "It's Napoleon Dynamite." I started laughing and said to her "Do your lips hurt real bad." Apparently she had called not 5 minutes before asking Randy for it and he told her I was at school picking up Morgan and to try and catch me before I left. Unfortunately I had, and the result was this conversation. I am glad she missed me, it made it even funnier when I heard her on the phone. So I went back to school with chapstick in hand, went into her class and proceeded to tell her teacher this little story, she had a good chuckle. Kids are great.

4 comments:

ellen said...

your mom does...GOSH! yay mck! hot lips!

Amanda Davis said...

Love it! Did she know she was being like Napoleon or did she just think she needed some chapstick? Either way that is waaay funny GOSH!

Julie said...

What a classic- aren't you glad that you've recorded it? Blogging is great. Tell MK if she comes to my house I have a ton of chapstick. No worries. ~Aunt Julie

Kelly Nordfelt said...

How funny! How are you guys doing? How is the new baby girl? What part of Southern Utah are you looking to move to? Well, I just wanted to tell you that I peek in on your little family and wanted to say "Hi"

Kelly Nordfelt