Wednesday, July 2, 2008

#5 The calm before the storm

I don't have any pictures to share for this post, because we were running around before the wedding. Monday morning I woke up to the sounds of a baby crying (not my own mind you). Apparently Lindsay's baby, Bradley woke up barfing everywhere, (of course, why wouldn't he). I felt so bad, I just kept thinking, apparently I didn't bleach the house well enough before everyone came. I swear, it doesn't matter how much I clean, they still get sick. We got up early that morning because we "kidnapped" (she knew about it beforehand) Alina and took her out to breakfast, since some of the fam was not able to go to her bridal shower. We thought it would be a good way to get to know her a little better before the big day. We were even able to get her mom to come with us to. We went to Maglebye's Fresh, it was sooo good. They make their own syrup, it wasn't maple but it was yummy.

Next we came home and got ready to go to the park. My sisters have all lived here at one point of there lives and so they have friends that they wanted to see. So they invited their friends to a local park so the kids could play and the moms could visit.

After that I had to take my mom Costco shopping (they don't have Costco's in Michigan. . . yet) for the food we were preparing for the luncheon after the wedding. We made it simple and just did dinner roll sandwiches and my sister's and I were each in charge of a making a different salad. So, rest of the day was getting the food put together, and made, and then taken to the church to store in the fridge, since my fridge would not hold every one's stuff. That pretty much took up the rest of the day, we tried to get to bed early so we'd be rested, HA, whatever .


UPDATE- Here are some pics my sis took at the breakfast. It was fun. Here is Alina and her mom. Then Lindz and I sleeping, me apparently more than Lindz .

Then my mom, Bonnie Jean and Shauna

1 comment:

Amanda Davis said...

Ask me if I am suprised about Andy getting lost? Now ask me if I am suprised that your family all got their early? Amazing!!! Sounds like a whole lot of fun though! I would have loved to be there and see your whole family all grown up and their kids! What fun!!!