Monday, July 28, 2008

Trip to Rexburg

So it's been a week since we've gotten back from our little trip up to Idaho, but I have been in the mood to update yet, but I think I might be ready now. So a quick recap, we left on a Thursday and came back Sunday. Randy's lil bro, Rob, graduated from BYU-Idaho on Friday (it was a very long day for Rob especially since he had to take his last final earlier that day).
They had a banquet late afternoon and the commencement right after (Julie and I didn't go because there were 8 kids to tend to and neither of us would have enjoyed ourselves while chasing kids). Right after commencement was the convocation (the part where Rob walked and received his diploma (or lack thereof, they give out empty books and mail your diploma after they figure out if you really graduate, nice hu?) Julie and I carted all the kids in our vans to campus and had to wait for the commencement to get over, we were just glad we didn't go, the place they had it was flaming hot, we would have been miserable.
Here is Rob walking down the stairs, not the greatest shot but you get the idea (I was pretty far back). Then a pic of Rob and his wife Kendra and oldest Alyssa, (Kendra is very pregnant, due next month. She's soo little and cute when she's pregnant, that poor baby has nowhere to go but out on her, to cute.
Here's Micah on the way up to Rexburg. He is playing the "let's see how many grapes we can fit on our mouth" game. Not the safest I know, he got a few in before I realized what he was doing, he's filling his "Pie Hole."

The next day (Saturday) we went to Frontier Pies for breakfast before we had another long, but exciting day. Randy's grandma passed away a little over a year ago and his mom, Julie and Kristi were able to do her temple work at the Rexburg temple.
Then we all were able to be there for her as she was able to seal her mom to her parents and then for her (Randy's mom) to be sealed to her parents. It was an amazing, emotional, heavenly experience to be apart of. She has waited such a long time to have that blessing of being sealed to her parents, and I am humbled having been able to be there to share that moment with her. I am soo grateful that she was introduced to church and made the choices that she did to get to where she is today. She has blessed the lives of so many and without her, I wouldn't have Randy. Thanks mom.

Here's Randy with Malia and her french toast stick, almost looks like the steak stick she gnawed on over Memorial Day.
Later that day we had a picnic at a local park that has this really fun water playground thing. (don't know what else to call it). We didn't have the kids' suits on but that didn't stop Morgan, (she's trying to go under the waterfall in her pink shirt and shorts). It was a fun, busy, fast weekend, but were grateful that we were able to sneak away from Randy's classes and work for a bit and enjoy being with family. Randy's sis Julie got some great shots of the temple and some other pics of the weekend, check her blog out if you want to see more.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Your photos are wonderful and I love seeing them! Thank you for the very thoughtful feelings you shared. We are so blessed to have you in our family and I'm so thankful you and Randy found each other! It was indeed an overwhelming experience to serve my Mom in receiving her temple ordinances, especially being sealed to my parents. I am so very grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ which makes these blessings possible and such a precious family to share life and eternity with.

Love - Mom

Cami said...

Sounds so fun.

Julie said...

Definately a fun trip! I wish we could have stayed for the water park fun. We didn't get home until 10:30 pm though. Then I unloaded the van and went shopping since I had daycare kids coming on Monday. I left the store at 11:58 pm! Then I had to prepare my lesson for my primary class the next morning. I did that when I woke up at 7 am. At least I didn't have to drive on Sunday- I always feel guilty doing that especially when I know I need to buy gas! Cute pics! Love the one with Randy and Malia!

Shanda said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! (Of course you can add me, I will check out the others too) Thanks!

Williams Crew said...

Hey looks like a long day! It is the spray park. Since I live here we hang out at the spray park often. It is a nice little place for kids!!
Amanda