Wednesday, July 2, 2008

#6 The Wodding (as my mom would say)

Where do I begin. We obviously all woke up early to get ready in time to be up to the temple by 10:30 am. Alina made hair appointments for my mom, her and a few other people, my mom looked really cute, they trimmed it and gave her big curls. Alina's hair was done up fancy, I loved it. Anyway, I had found a few people in my ward to help watch all the kiddos while we were in the temple. I figured it would be hard for a). Jon and James to handle 13 kids at the temple (5 of which are babies) and b). I would no longer have friends in my ward if I dumped all 13 off at someones house. So I got smart and had a few lined up, trying as best to split the babies up. Poor Bradley was still sick at this point and diarrhea had set in at this point, so I had someone with no kids come to my house to watch him and Collin. We got to the temple on time but the bride and groom were a little late getting there. It was a great ceremony, we were able to see some old friends from when we lived in Montana (they've come to I think almost all the Schmidt weddings so far, what great friends). After the sealing we took a few pictures and then booked it over to the church to set up table and chairs and get the last minute food preparations done.
This is a pic of Billy (I mean Will I will never be able to say his name) and his new bride Alina (or my new SIL) at the luncheon. Aren't they sweet. The food was yummy and we had a good number show up. We bought I think the right amount of food. Nothing ran out but it wasn't like we had a ton of leftovers. Enough to feed the troops at my house a few more days. After the luncheon Randy took our kids home to get naps/quiet time, while a few of us cleaned up.







We were home for maybe 1-2 hours, enough time for naps and teaching some of my family Ticket to Ride, (which we love btw) and then realizing we had to hurry and get our dress clothes back on for the reception. Alina and Billy wanted us there early to get family shots taken, since we didn't do them at the temple. We decided to not do them there, otherwise the kids were going to be in their white dresses and shirts while being babysat and then someone rushing down to get them and bring them all the back up. It just didn't seem that fun to me. However I didn't get any pics of my kids in their cute clothes, I'll tell you why in a sec. Alina said she'd send me some when they got them back, so that will have to be a later post. Anyway, the reception was beautiful. It was at an old house in Provo with a gorgeous set up. Oh and did I mention that Alina's twin sister made her dress for her? She's going into fashion design and heading to Italy pretty soon. It is beautiful gown.


At the reception there were an assortment of different cakes. I don't know the name of any of them but holy cow there had to have been about 15 different desserts, each one looked irresistibly good. I had two pieces and wanted more but just couldn't eat another bite. I wish I had gotten a picture of it, maybe Billy and Alina's photographer did, I'll cross my fingers. This is a pic of Laurie and her youngest Tate, (he's about a month younger than Malia) he wanted some dessert to, what a mean momma, hee hee.













-K- so the reason I didn't get shots of my kids in their nice clothes was because Randy and my BIL Jason went to go decorate Billy's car and took the camera so he could take pictures. So my sisters if you have pics you wanna send me, feel free. The reason why he had to take pics of it was because Billy had to go hide his car from Alina's family. Apparently in the past they have done some pretty crazy things to family members cars during the reception, like taking the wheels off, filling them with saw dust, putting the car up on blocks. Randy had to pick him up from his hiding place so he knew where the car was parked and we couldn't have let them leave with out it being decorated somehow. Randy and Jason wrote on the windows, "I am the ball" "I am the chain" "We love marriage" "Kids welcome" and my personal favorite "Doin Da Laundry" (it's an inside family joke for a little hanky panky), don't even ask how that got started.

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Wow what a great turnout! The bride and groom look fab! And freaking when did your 2 little brothers grow up!?! Seriouly I am getting so dang old.

Love the saying's on the car. I might have to start using Doin Da Laundry for around here. Too funny.

Thanks for all the posts. Ellen won't do it :) so we are glad that we have you. Sounds like it was a great time.

:)R.

Rachel Berry said...

Oh I almost forgot. I can totally hear your mom's voice in my head saying The Wodding! It's just so Franck Eggelhoffer from Father of the Bride.

I just L♥ve her!

Lindsay said...

Hey, I posted a bunch of pictures on facebook. Feel free to download them. I have tons of the wedding, pre-wedding amd reunion, including one of our "Amish" brother. Thanks again for letting us stay with you. We had a blast. Sorry about the car.