Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday EA!

Opening her gift from Aunt Dee Da.

This little girl loves to clap, say "Ya" to everything, except that I'm the coolest, wave "bye bye," crawl like Mogli from the Jungle Book, yell at us to get our attention, sleeps at least 12 hours a night, jump like a little frog (including on a trampoline), and loves to be held by her momma, sometimes daddy (more so lately thank goodness).
She is our little ham, always trying to get attention.
I love this little girl. A year ago today I was in the hospital going through the longest labor of my life (and that's weird cuz she is #4 and my others were a lot quicker). Anyway, after 12 hours of tonz `o fun, out came this 9 lb cutie, she was also my biggest. . . by far. But she has gotten back on track to be like her siblings, long and skinny. She keeps us on our toes with her little personality. She's full of life and energy and when she is awake she has the attention of the room.
We took her to Toys R Us, she's part of their birthday club and so we went there as a family and she got a hat and a balloon and we all picked out a present for her, (which the kids play with I think a little more than she does).
I made her spaghetti for her birthday dinner, I was trying to think of what to make a 1 year old and every time we have this she just inhales it, that and chicken nuggets. I let her feed herself, cuz I am such a nice mom and this is the how beautiful she looked after. She's got a sauce beard, she ate about 3 bowls of it, so I think it was a hit.
I am so grateful for the life and energy she has and the blessing that she is as a part of our family. I love you baby girl.

2 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

Dude, that goggle picture is hilarious! I love the monkey cake too! You are cute!

Julie said...

I love the sweet sleeping picture! Aren't they so cute when they are sleeping?