Monday, August 25, 2008

Morgan's first day of Kindergarten

It has officially happened, Morgan is a honest to goodness Kindergartner. What has happened to the time, she was just a baby last week I swear. I just recently found an old friend from school on Facebook and we were asking what each other was up to and he asked how many kids I had, and then said "When did we get so old?" I pondered that question for a while and I still don't have a good response. It was somewhere between 5 years and 10 years after graduation, but lately it's been hitting a lot harder, probably because my infamous 30th birthday is coming up and I am not ready for it. Anyway, enough about my reality checks, more about my sweet little kindergartner. Isn't she so stinkin cute?


She got the same teacher that McKenzie had, Ms. Headman, which I requested and had numerous talks with her reminding her that she needed to put Morgan in her class after the assessments last week. Ms. Headman called me later in the week and I wasn't able to answer the phone, her message stated (jokingly) that I was going to be with the other teacher in the afternoon, (complete opposite of what I requested). It's a good thing we're friends enough that I know when she's joking. I know Morgan is going to love her, McKenzie still wishes that she could go back and be in Kindergarten again. The second pic is of her friends Katelin and McKenna who also started Kindergarten today. I didn't realize how small she was until I saw this shot. She'll catch up sooner or later right?

2 comments:

Shanda said...

Oh so cute! Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday they are tiny little ones and then one day you wake up and they are in school! Does she like it so far?

Julie said...

I like her snazzy shoes. Congratulations Morgan!