Monday, August 18, 2008

Malia's 1st birthday cake


I know I know, her birthday isn't until tomorrow, but I wanted my brother and Randy's sister there, so we opted for Sunday for the Schmidt tradition of walking through the 1st birthday cake. I did this with all my kids, each had a special cake made by me, nothing fancy but I try to make it a little cute. Then they can have at it. Unfortunately none of MY kids have really been the messy types, Micah and Morgan actually screamed as I got them closer, and I was afraid Malia was going to do the same but she did ok, as long as I sat there. So I got some scrubby clothes on and let her got for it. Here are some video shots that we took. Towards the end of the last clip Malia lets out a pretty good burp, it's right before we start laughing really hard, you may want to turn your volume up for that one. I'll post more tomorrow for her real birthday. but I thought you may enjoy seeing a sneak peak to her fun day.

3 comments:

Amanda Davis said...

Cute cake!!! I nominated you on my blog! Check it out!

Rachel Berry said...

What a cute tradition. How is she already 1? I'll be saying the same darn thing on Halloween for miss Addison. Hope she has a great B-day!

Buffy Dayton said...

I love messy traditions! Happy Birthday to your little cute baby Mailia, who isn't too much of a baby any more. It goes by WAY too fast!